Amazon Fire Stick 4K

Thanks @Pons & @OM_2K19 I understand the limitation on non desktop version, I just need it as background music player.

Thanks @OM_2K19 I wasn't aware of the option to sideload. This is the direction I was looking for.

Use Aptoide on your firetv stick and install the Tidal from there. I'm using it on my firetv 1st Gen. Stick should be fine as well.

Refer this thread below

Use Aptoide on your firetv stick and install the Tidal from there. I'm using it on my firetv 1st Gen. Stick should be fine as well.

Refer this thread below

Brilliant, thanks a ton!!

i have an amazon account us, I could search for an app and deliver it to my firetv in the past. Have forgotten how the procedure is. Perhaps you can give it a try

Hey @preth30 I have a little experience with the MIbox S 4K - that a friend of mine owns, I think that is what you are referring to. It is a genius little thing, however with the latest data mining leak at Xiaomi I am a bit scared of using the products under this parent company and would like to avoid them at all cost. Moreover, I have already ordered a FireStick 4K :) so lets see...

So I got mine today and I hit a snag right off the bat. No signal on absolutely any HDMI port on either my AVR (Denon X2300W) or my TV (Samsung something). The things I am doing:

1 -Using the power cable and block supplied by Amazon. Tried with and without the HDMI extention cable on all HDMI ports.
2 - Using all sorts of HDMI plugs, HDCP 2.2 and the one before and all.

All I see if a blue screen - saying "No Signal", however if I remove the FieStick, the message goes away and the denon logo shows up. I also checked on the pre-occupied and fully functioning HDMI ports - where my PC is connected for ex. No luck!

Anybody knows a fix?

Looks to be a lemon,they wd give a replacement under warranty.
Sounds like it doesn't it? I was wondering if I am doing something wrong! Regardless, I found a page where people have reported the same issue for the first time plugin, will give it a try in some time and let you know!

Update - tried it with my other TVs - no luck! Getting a replacement.

Last edited:
Sounds like it doesn't it? I was wondering if I am doing something wrong! Regardless, I found a page where people have reported the same issue for the first time plugin, will give it a try in some time and let you know!
Return it. It's faulty. The amazon logo comes right away.

MaSh

One question, if anyone has tried it, I have a bunch of USB devices plugged in directly to a RAV Power QC 3.0 + iSmart USB power hub, so that each device is not being powered by a separate USB brick. Was wondering if I can do the same with the FireStick? Everywhere the troubleshooting asks to use the brick as first step to troubleshoot. A lot of my devices are working without their bricks, wanted to hook up the Amazon stick to that too. Anyone tried anything like this?

U will need the supplied power brick of firetv esp during software update as the power through usb slot is insufficient for the same.
I used to get warning messages on screen.

I am having a Sony Smart TV which have a number of apps. I also do have a Mi android basic media player. If I get a 4k Firestick, will it add to my viewing experience. Does the Firestick possess more features than the Smart TV and my media player. Just in case if i purchase the Firestick, its features should not overlap with what I already have access to. Pls let me know.

One question, if anyone has tried it, I have a bunch of USB devices plugged in directly to a RAV Power QC 3.0 + iSmart USB power hub, so that each device is not being powered by a separate USB brick. Was wondering if I can do the same with the FireStick? Everywhere the troubleshooting asks to use the brick as first step to troubleshoot. A lot of my devices are working without their bricks, wanted to hook up the Amazon stick to that too. Anyone tried anything like this?
If are power rating matches, then its fine.
QC 3.0 is more than enough, it can comfortably supply 2A at 5v

I am having a Sony Smart TV which have a number of apps. I also do have a Mi android basic media player. If I get a 4k Firestick, will it add to my viewing experience. Does the Firestick possess more features than the Smart TV and my media player. Just in case if i purchase the Firestick, its features should not overlap with what I already have access to. Pls let me know.
If your current Mi android media player doesn't support 4k and your TV does, then definitely the Firestick 4k is an upgrade.
You can play media by installing other android apps on playstore. Other than that, what other features are you looking at?

If your current Mi android media player doesn't support 4k and your TV does, then definitely the Firestick 4k is an upgrade.
You can play media by installing other android apps on playstore. Other than that, what other features are you looking at?
@dazzwilliams : Ok, got your point. Just a point.. Whatever transmitted by Netflix and Amazon through 4k-UHD, the Sony TV being supportive of 4k and HDR displays the same without any issue. I was thinking if the task of transmitting 4k signals to the TV is handled, then the Firestick has very little role in the set-up. Thanks.

I have no experience with the firestick yet, but my limited experience with mi box, it is great. If not for the latest data mining breach at Xiaomi, I would have gone for it blindly. It is a Chromecast on steroids.

Refer this thread below

Thanks brother, I was searching for this to get this installed in my firestick

Finally sat down with the replacement FireStick, problem yet again:
1 -Works when I connect it to my TV
2 - Doesn't when it is connected to the AVR Denon X2300W - All ports are HDCP 2.2 (assignable); do I need to change any setting here before it will be detected?

Any help greatly appreciated. If you need me to post my AVR settings here, I can.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back