Amazon.in - disappointing experience

My sincere advice would be .... always pay using credit card or net banking ...... nothing will go wrong ...... and make sure the item u purchase is Amazon Fulfilled.
I have returned so many items till now ..... If its amazon fulfilled, then no questions asked the delivery boy will at our doorstep. If its not Amazon Fulfilled there are various ways they ask us to do the return .... but I got the amount back as soon as they pick up the item .....
if anything goes wrong they are there to help us out, its not some roadside panwala who will run away next day. More over I believe in Amazon rather than Flipkart, Amazon is much more bigger than Flipkart and Flipkart has geographical limitations to India only, if anything goes wrong with Amazon India, we can approach Amazon Global site.
Just my experience and opinion after checking all the sites from past few years.
Now I blindly place any order on Amazon, but I will think 10 times to place order on Flipkart or any other site.
Remember, always priority should be Amazon Fulfilled if item is not available by Amazon Fulfilled then go to others.
Cheers,
Aditya

Always had positive experience with Amazon.in. Prompt pick-ups, credits. Once I received a Microwave Bowl that was cracked.On calling up I was told to dump the item and immediately got refund credited. No photos, no returns. Agreed it was a small item of Rs.180/- but Flipkart, Snapdeal, etc. would not entertain without photos of damaged item, outer wrapping, carton, etc. Kudos to Amazon for having faith in the customer.

this is the kinda customer support i am talking about, I experienced the same with Amazon several times.
Flipkart and others make a big issue about it.
Well good to know about it again :)

I have been buying from Amazon for the last couple of years. Twice I had returned the mechandise. The first time was a sale made by Amazon. They asked for my bank details and credited the amount within 24 hours of pickup. The second time was when the item was supplied by a vendor (not Amazon fulfilled). Here they didn't ask for my bank details but sent a cheque after 7 days. When I set up a chat session with Amazon,to enquire about the delay in refund, they said they didn't ask for bank details as a vendor was involved.

Amazon representatives were always very helpful in the chat session. BTW all my purchases have been COD. Before I buy any product, I check Amazon web site first.:)

I had placed an order for Bluerigger cable on Amazon.in... After few days of placing the order, i received a msg from Amazon that my product was delivered to me..But i didn't receive it, not my neighbours on behalf of me :eek:hyeah:..

So i waited an other day after i received the msg, to see if they deliver the product next day.. Nope...

I was scared that someone received the product on my name & flicked it.. So then i logged a complaint with amazon.. They were ready to refund the money (or) provide replacement... I said am not willing to take either, but told them that " i would like to know who received my product ?"

With in hours of placing the call, the product was delivered to me :sad:

So even before delivering the product, these guys msg you that your product has been delivered...:eek:hyeah:

Well..posting after many days here.
I am not an amazon representative ..but want to clarify what happened above.
I live at a remote place and the above has happened to me not once but thrice....
It's actually the courier company which does this. They have to make a report of pending delivery products and they have a commitment too that this item will be delivered in x days. Now if they are getting late due to some reasons,they mark it delivered so that the product provider company does not lodge a complaint that it is not delivered within time..
In may case Gati marked delivered without delivery and I asked amazon about n delivery. They start the refund process and they CLAIM A REFUND from courier company for non delivery.
In my case amazon refunded money,, and I got the product next day..basically it was FREE!!! (don't try to do so intentionally)
on the other time, when it was marked delivered, I contacted courier company and they apologize for trouble and delivered it next day.

So far Amazon has been so good for me/my office mates..(..touchwood);)
Just make sure you always buy from 'amazon fulfilled' stores!

hello guys!!

If you have any complaints from any person, product or service, please visit cyber crime complaints and submit your complaint there. You will get instant effect from our team.

hello guys!!

If you have any complaints from any person, product or service, please visit cyber crime complaints and submit your complaint there. You will get instant effect from our team.

Can you please clarify as to what your team is? Please also let me know where in one could lodge a complaint with the cyber crimes unit.

I have been shopping on Amazon.com since 1999 and in Amazon.in ever since they launched.

The big different I find on Amazon.at least on the US site compared to Flipkart and Snapdeal is that employees are given powers to refund additional amounts and I have more than one example where they do this without asking too many questions.

Ex 1 - i bought speakers on the US site last year.....after 8 days the price dropped and they refund the diff if it happens within 7 days...I still contacted them and said it was unfair that i was losing out because of one extra day..they just refunded

Ex 2 - i bought a product and they delivered as promised but it a day late. So they refunded the amount..but when I told them that i lose out on FX because of buying and selling INR-USD difference.....they just put 20 dollars in my account ..no questions asked

Ex 3 - this has happened more than once - I choose prime to get items delivered fast since most of the times - its about a friend who is visiting US for a week. After the item gets delivered, I asked them to cancel Prime and they do it and issue me full refund.

Hence they are extremely easy to work with...they dont quote rules and regulations all the time and are very flexible....even if they lose some money in the process.....:clapping::clapping:

I agree with arnprasad, I've been a customer of amazon.com since 2000 and never had any issues with them. Infact once I had ordered George Benson CDs and they got lost in transit. When I contacted them, they gave me a full refund no questions asked. Few days later, the parcel arrived and I contacted them, they said to keep it free of cost :)

Regards,
Rajiv

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back