Amazon Prime is launched in India

one problem I found, if a project is marked Prime does not always mean you will get 1-2 day guaranteed delivery. fulfilled items marked as prime will follow normal delivery schedule. so 499 and 60 days comes with its price :)

Yes saw it couple of days back .....But no prime video, so will wait for that, I am sure once Prime Video is launched the price cannot be 499 or 999/year for that matter. US price is 99 USD so Indian price will be more or less same, since Netflix also did not lower their price in comparison to US counterpart.

Yes saw it couple of days back .....But no prime video, so will wait for that, I am sure once Prime Video is launched the price cannot be 499 or 999/year for that matter. US price is 99 USD so Indian price will be more or less same, since Netflix also did not lower their price in comparison to US counterpart.

I think it will remain at Rs. 999. Will never sell at 7K even with Amazon Video. All said and done DTH yearly packages cost on par and they offer tons more than the likes of Netflix + Hulu + Amazon. I'm speaking from the perspectiveof Tata Sky movies pack... none of the streaming services compare. Throw in the tons of channels that nobody watches, a few like Discovery, and the English Entertainment Pack and TS wins hands down.

PS: Apple Music is actually selling at $2 in India compared to the US price of $15. Amazon will need to be smart like them instead of charging nearly 7K in India.

999 yearly .. not possible .. I bet .. wait and see .... its going to be atleast 500-600 min a month ...... These online streaming providers are not targeting the TataSky audience, they have their own following like me, dushie, gopi ...etc, who care for less but quality content (Netflix, HULU and Prime) rather than tons of edited/censored crap tatasky offers, in the name of hollywood media.

Music is a different ball game all together ...

one problem I found, if a project is marked Prime does not always mean you will get 1-2 day guaranteed delivery. fulfilled items marked as prime will follow normal delivery schedule. so 499 and 60 days comes with its price :)

Not sure I understood you correctly. Does it mean that once you subscribe to Prime you no longer have the option of 1 day guaranteed delivery (even if you are willing to pay for it) but will have to just take whatever delivery schedule Prime offers?

All said and done DTH yearly packages cost on par and they offer tons more than the likes of Netflix + Hulu + Amazon.

Both are two different segments, and will not compete each other. Unlike US where they have n number of free to air HD channels for live feeds including sports and news, we do not have any free to air channels except our good old DD. Unless that scenario change, streaming content will never be a threat to cable and vice versa.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back