Amazon Seller : Smart buy movies

plasmoid

Have any of you bought cds/vinyl from Smart Buy Movies? Would appreciate feedback on packaging and delivery. Have had 2 bad experiences with Pritham Music so I needed some feedback before taking the plunge. Also wanted to know how Amazon's Location pickup is?

I have bought some blu rays and was happy with the products. For that matter, I have had good experience with Pritam Music as well.

If you are unhappy with the packaging please inform Amazon- their delivery/pick up is second to none......BTW a little bird tells me to wait a week or so for better bargains.

If you are unhappy with the packaging please inform Amazon- their delivery/pick up is second to none......BTW a little bird tells me to wait a week or so for better bargains.

Actually amazon has some scheme where they can drop off your parcel to a store near you and you can go pick it up at your leisure(within a week).Wanted to know if anyone tried this.

Actually amazon has some scheme where they can drop off your parcel to a store near you and you can go pick it up at your leisure(within a week).Wanted to know if anyone tried this.

This is being done on an experimental basis in a select number of cities- so you will be among the first few to try it out. Having dealt with Amazon ( US/UK/DE/JP/IN etc for more than 12 years, I would say go for it- you will almost most certainly be fully re-imbursed if your item is not delivered or damaged.Good luck!

Just a word of caution, I ended up with getting a warped LP twice! (First time was warped then again got warped one which was the replacement). Had got from amazon.

Sometimes the packaging can be sub-par.

Not that this will happen always but it does happen.

Both Pritam and Smart Buy are amazon fulfilled. They are shipped from the same warehouse with exactly the same packaging.

IMHO I feel both of these are just front companies for amazon, the only difference between them being the name of the shipper on the bill - something similar to WS Retail in case of flipkart. They do it just to get around issues of FDI in retail.

I tried this in Madhapur, Hyderabad. When I went to the shop at 11.30 am on friday, a working day, it turned out to be dump of a mobile shop and it was closed. The pan shop fellow besides it said he was not sure when it would open. I had live chats with amazon staff, and they said they would deliver it to my home as i didn't want to deal with trying my luck with their location. They never did and I just bought same item (vaccum cleaner) from flipkart for 500 less with a free gift.
Needless to say I am not happy with them, and so far am sticking to flipkart or snapdeal.
Cheers,
Sid

Just a word of caution, I ended up with getting a warped LP twice! (First time was warped then again got warped one which was the replacement). Had got from amazon.

Sometimes the packaging can be sub-par.

Not that this will happen always but it does happen.

I am hearing more stories of vinyl from Amazon being warped. Does Flipkart have the same problems?

Never bought any vinyl from amazon. However vinyl from flipkart has always reached me intact without any warping. Their vinyl packaging is bulletproof.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back