Amazon uk delivery time

Sorry for bumping this Thread but I want to tell you guyz that I have placed an order for a blu-ray boxset on 31st July, 2013 at amazon.uk. It was my first order at amazon.uk.

But Still today (19th August,13) it was NOT arrived.:mad: The estimated delivery date was 12th August (Shipping Date was 2nd Aug,2013), which was missed. i contacted them via mail & The CC lady mailed me & told me to WAIT till 20th August which is tomorrow. She also said 20th August is the MAX waiting period. After that they will replace OR Refund me.

in these circumstances, I am asking for a replacement copy Tomorrow. Can anyone tell me what will happen IF this replacement copy also not arrives? How long will I have to wait to get the replacement copy? Will they REFUND if I didn't get ANY Copy?

I outsourced another blu-ray from amazon.uk last month via one of my relative at kolkata. It came within the estimated time without any Duty. So in my case, Am I Unlucky?? Or I need MORE Patience ???

Last edited:
I outsourced another blu-ray from amazon.uk last month via one of my relative at kolkata. It came within the estimated time without any Duty. So in my case, Am I Unlucky?? Or I need MORE Patience ???

Without any duty/VAT while importing the bds? How is that possible? Every time i check, there is some duty on each item. :(

Without any duty/VAT while importing the bds? How is that possible? Every time i check, there is some duty on each item. :(

ONLY 3.58 GBP Shipping fee(2.49 per Percel + 1.49 per title). Even 16.66% UK VAT is deducted from the listed price when we shipped it in India.

If you are LUCKY then you can get the product with Zero Custom charges. But I know that MUMBAI & Delhi NCR peoples ARE Most of the times charged (Slammed!) with even 40-45 % Duty !!!

Amazon.uk always send the BDs with Royal Mail WITHOUT ANY tracking method. So except you have a patience like a SAINT, then Don't ORDER anything from them. Also you have to pray to god when your product IS IN OUR BELOVED INDIA POST DEPARTMENT.:eek:hyeah:

the waiting period can take ages. I know some members in this forum who get the order AFTER 90 DAYS :eek: !!!

The ONLY good thing is that their Customer CARE is TOP NOTCH & even better than US. Their response is Ultra fast & VERY Satisfactory.

Can anyone tell me what will happen IF this replacement copy also not arrives?
You can contact them again and they will give you a refund.

How long will I have to wait to get the replacement copy?
Depends on India customs at the GPO and the speed with which they clear your package. I've noticed that sometimes the replacement showed up even before the original order showed up a month later. You can contact them if you get multiple shipments due to the replacement order and they will let you know what next. If they ask you to send one set back, Amazon UK will refund the postage.

Will they REFUND if I didn't get ANY Copy?
They definitely will. Amazon UK customer service is fantastic.

Am I Unlucky?? Or I need MORE Patience ???
As with all things Indian customs and the Post Office, patience definitely helps.

In my case, few times it took more than 4 weeks to reach me. So it is normal of getting delayed delivery. But beyond 6 weeks you just cancel the order and take refund, but you will loose the benefit of the low price of that time (both in terms of the deal then and the currency rate now), in addition to the 3.5%+St that credit card companies charge for the forex transactions.

Also if they reshipped the product, (never experienced myself), they normally use the original sticker price as the invoice value. So in case customs are being charged, it will be a huge disadvantage for you.

In two case, after the 5 weeks or so they refunded me the shipping charges as goodwill. Though the product come in another 2-3 days or so.

Is it possible to convert Refund of Amazon.uk into virtual Gift Card with the Same value by asking the CC ??? Which may be spent at later time by buying other items. Is it within their Policy ???

As a passing point, I would earnestly request all new Amazon customers to be scrupulous in their reporting of missing/non delivery of items ordered and not abuse their trust.

Amazon is usually very generous in their settlements, but repeated claims may not only bar you from ordering from their site, it could also affect other customers from the area/country.

As a passing point, I would earnestly request all new Amazon customers to be scrupulous in their reporting of missing/non delivery of items ordered and not abuse their trust.

Amazon is usually very generous in their settlements, but repeated claims may not only bar you from ordering from their site, it could also affect other customers from the area/country.

What are you trying to Prove? Are you telling that every new customers needs 2 copies of each item ?? :mad:

Don't you know that they send via Royal mail without tracking. So if it arrives after 1-2 month.. is it new customers problem??? Every customer has his right to ask for replacement or refund after missing the estimated delivery date.

I waited 20 days before I ask for replacement. Amazon told me to reject the spare copy If I got any one copy.

DO NOT try to blame or summarize other people's attitudes. :mad:

Last edited:
What are you trying to Prove? Are you telling that every new customers needs 2 copies of each item ?? :mad:

Don't you know that they send via Royal mail without tracking. So if it arrives after 1-2 month.. is it new customers problem??? Every customer has his right to ask for replacement or refund after missing the estimated delivery date.

I waited 20 days before I ask for replacement. Amazon told me to reject the spare copy If I got any one copy.

DO NOT try to blame or summarize other people's attitudes. :mad:
You are taking it the wrong way. No one is singling you out and no one is saying that you are not genuine. It is just a gentle reminder to all (me included) that "please be very honest about such reporting and do not misuse the facility and wound the trust by Amazon". In case people do receive duplicates, they should contact Amazon and report such an duplicate receipts. Amazon is quite gracious to tell you that you need not return the diuplicate and will solicit you to donate the (duplicate) items.

Hope this clears misunderstandings. :)

You are taking it the wrong way. No one is singling you out and no one is saying that you are not genuine. It is just a gentle reminder to all (me included) that "please be very honest about such reporting and do not misuse the facility and wound the trust by Amazon". In case people do receive duplicates, they should contact Amazon and report such an duplicate receipts. Amazon is quite gracious to tell you that you need not return the diuplicate and will solicit you to donate the (duplicate) items.

Hope this clears misunderstandings. :)

I don't like his tone. that's all. I have no grudge against anyone. Amazon CLEARLY told me to REJECT the duplicate copy which arrives later. WHICH I'LL DO. :indifferent14:

22 Days & Counting! STILL no SIGN of my Parcel from amazon.uk. Original one was shipped on 2nd August,13 via Royal Mail. I'm beginning to SUSPECT our Beloved Postal department where some Greedy, dishonest people are ALWAYS here & there.

My SINGLE Blu-Ray Boxset (Worth 38GBP) IS REGION-LOCKED !:eek:hyeah: So If Any POSTMAN or Officials even with a Blu-Ray Player Tries to PLAY it, They will Get REGION CODE ERROR :eek:hyeah:

My replacement is also On the way which is again sent via Royal Mail :mad:... I earnestly request them to send via ANY courier with ATLEAST Tracking method, but they told me "We cannot assign a courier to a single buyer or addresses, They will sent my feedback to the transportation Department to improve their Service". :mad:

So at the moment the Replacement copy's Estimated delivery date is 2nd September. So 2 copies of same title is IN TRANSIT to Kolkata. But the waiting is killing me !:annoyed:

IS Our INDIA POST THAT BAD ???

What is the maximum time you have waited for a parcel from amazon UK ??? Did anyone have any case where parcel is stolen???

22 Days & Counting! STILL no SIGN of my Parcel from amazon.uk. Original one was shipped on 2nd August,13 via Royal Mail. I'm beginning to SUSPECT our Beloved Postal department where some Greedy, dishonest people are ALWAYS here & there.

My SINGLE Blu-Ray Boxset (Worth 38GBP) IS REGION-LOCKED !:eek:hyeah: So If Any POSTMAN or Officials even with a Blu-Ray Player Tries to PLAY it, They will Get REGION CODE ERROR :eek:hyeah:

My replacement is also On the way which is again sent via Royal Mail :mad:... I earnestly request them to send via ANY courier with ATLEAST Tracking method, but they told me "We cannot assign a courier to a single buyer or addresses, They will sent my feedback to the transportation Department to improve their Service". :mad:

So at the moment the Replacement copy's Estimated delivery date is 2nd September. So 2 copies of same title is IN TRANSIT to Kolkata. But the waiting is killing me !:annoyed:

IS Our INDIA POST THAT BAD ???

What is the maximum time you have waited for a parcel from amazon UK ??? Did anyone have any case where parcel is stolen???
I do not think that post people steal the package, though a possibility cannot be ruled out entirely. As you know, there is no accountability. We have no tracking facility with Royal Mail, no docket/parcel number, etc. I have lost the parcel once completely and one more time, the original was received after the original. When I received the replacement, the parcel's custom's declaration form had huge prices marked up. For instance my original order of 34 or something was marked as 101 or something. The Mumbai FPO charged 44% duty on the declared price. I was a big looser.

In the early days, Amazon.co.uk had free shipping for orders worth 25 or more. There was no customs duty charged by Mumbai FPO. Those were the golden days. Then "free shipping over 25" scheme stopped. I wrote many times to Amazon.co.uk to reintroduce the scheme but they "politely" refused. Even during those times, the delivery delay was there but at least there was no duty. Then Mumbai Foreign Post Office started charging 40-44% duty. At this point, the blu-rays became very expensive.

I have also written many times to Amazon.co.uk to use reliable carriers such as DHL, Aramex, UPS, etc. But they wrote "polite" replies back to me - we are sorry, ... etc. etc. ... Your feedback is important to us ... We have forwarded your suggestion to our delivery team ... etc. etc.

Consequently, I have not ordered from Amazon.co.uk for over six months now. I don't think that I ever will.

p/s. Amazon.com used to charge 25-26% towards "import fees deposit". Then they used to refund the excess - I usually always received some refund, sometimes as low as 10% to as high as 100% of the duty amount. But now they have started charging 31%!!! :(

Last edited:
Then Mumbai Foreign Post Office started charging 40-44% duty. At this point, the blu-rays became very expensive.

Is it only with Mumbai Foreign Post office? I'd don't think so. I guess the duty is applicable all over India with a constant rate. Isn't it? I have no idea. Can somebody throw some light on this issue.

Is it only with Mumbai Foreign Post office? I'd don't think so. I guess the duty is applicable all over India with a constant rate. Isn't it? I have no idea. Can somebody throw some light on this issue.
At the moment, Mumbai FPO is definitely charging duty. The duty should be more like 30% but they are charging as per this method. Other FPOs (Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai) should be charging as well, but they are probably letting the parcels go.

Aren't our Postal Deptt. are always Bound to deliver the package after CUSTOMS SCANNING Process ??? It may NOT have a tracking no. but Didn't Customs Check whether the package delivered OR NOT? The Normal BARCODE SCAN is in their DATABASE. Didn't the check status of delivery ?

If customs Didn't track it here Then How can Amazon know package delivered OR NOT? From where they can know the the status of Delivery?

Aren't our Postal Deptt. are always Bound to deliver the package after CUSTOMS SCANNING Process ??? It may NOT have a tracking no. but Didn't Customs Check whether the package delivered OR NOT? The Normal BARCODE SCAN is in their DATABASE. Didn't the check status of delivery ?

If customs Didn't track it here Then How can Amazon know package delivered OR NOT? From where they can know the the status of Delivery?
Yes. Postal department is "bound" to deliver the package - just as they are bound to delivery all mail, parcels, money orders, etc. But there is no customs dept. involved here. The package gets delivered directly to FPO. It is the Indian FPO that is charging the customs duty and collecting it. They are authorized to do that.

As far as the scanning, barcode tracking, Amazon tracking, let me explain the process:

• Amazon.co.uk delivers the package to Royal Mail. Royal Mail packages are trackable inside UK only. For packages sent outside UK, Amazon.co.uk does not get any information on Royal Mail's package id or AWB number or any identifier.
  • Royal Mail delivers the packages to Indian Post Dept. From then on, they relinquish their responsibility.
  • Indian Post (FPO) assigns its own parcel number to this.
  • FPO assesses the customs value and pastes a customs duty collection receipt on the package (if duty is charged). The package is forwarded to the local post office.
  • Local postman delivers the package to you and collects duty from you. I suppose this duty is paid back to the FPO.
  • Amazon.co.uk has no information on the status of delivery. They do not know whether package is delivered or not. If the package is not delivered, you have to write to them. Basically they take your word for it (that is why the previous post by jbgude imploring people not to abuse the facility).

This is a serious problem with the shipping mechanism by Amazon.co.uk and I suppose all European Amazons. They are using postal service of their respective countries (which are excellent) but they (the postal depts) have to deal with Indian FPO. It is not as if Indian Postal department is bad or deliberately fraud. I have ordered over a dozen times with Amazon.co.uk and only once was the parcel not delivered (but its replacement was delivered). But the parcels have been delayed quite often - usually by a week and sometimes by 4 weeks. The Indian postal department is inefficient and understaffed. The postmen are underpaid. The population has increased, the post office cover area has increased but the technology/methodology is still from the British days. We forget that our postmen are required to pedal on bicycles in these days of heavy traffic unlike the other counterparts that use motorized vehicles.

I am not justifying - simply sympathising. I am sensing a slow death of the Indian Posts. The telepgraph is already history. Courier services have taken away much of the business.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back