AMC for LG LED.Is it available?

drkaushik

Dear HFVians,
I have bought a LG LE 5500 32 LED tv in March this year.I use it on a regular basis for 4 hours on an average.I came to know that this panels do not last like that of CRT's.Maximum of 3 years.Where as our LG 29 crt is gowing great guns for the 9th year.

Now is it advisable to go for a Annual Maintenance contract after my guarantee expires after 1 year.If so, how much will it cost if it is really available?

Do anyone of you have a LG LED that is going strong after 3 years without a fuss?

I would suggest call up LG customer care and ask them. Do not think anybody here has had any experience with LG AMC, otherwise there would have been at least one reply on here.

I would suggest call up LG customer care and ask them. Do not think anybody here has had any experience with LG AMC, otherwise there would have been at least one reply on here.

LG does provide extended warranty at extra cost upto and covering 4th year. I checked this some months back before buying TV but of course did not buy LG. I belive this feature of LG to allow for additional warranty is unique to them among the other tv makers. They also give discounts if you purchase multiple years at one go.

Like for 50 inch plasma they said 10K for 2nd year 17K for 2nd + 3rd year and so on.

One additional thing I observed is that LG had a price difference of around 20K with PAna plasmas 8 months back but add to that the 2 years of additional warranty cost and the price becamse at par with Panasonic 50v20d so I went for the Panasonic apart from all other PQ aspects.

^
It isn't unique.
Sony offers extended warranty for much less.
2 years extended warranty on 32" models for 2000Rs, 40"- 3000Rs, 46"-5000Rs and 52" and above - 7500Rs.
Not aware of other brands but I believe adder mentioned Panasonic offers 3 years standard warranty(on select models*).

any idea whether samsung does that ?? 1 yr on these LCDs is just too damn less...

drkaushik,

apparently LED light LCD panels (which are normally called LED panels) have life of about 40000 hrs. So, if you use your TV for say 6 hours a day it should last roughly 18 years. and after that the brightness goes down to half of the original..not that it goes completely kaput. I have been using my Samsung 40" HD LCD for last 4 years now and don't see any difference in brightness. I doubt you will need any kind AMC or extended warranty cos any case the TV will last longer than the longest available warranty.

Further if at all this technology threw up problems it wouldn't sell as much as it is, what say. And TVs are not like washing machines or Acs which has mechanical parts so as to have regular servicing. So i feel AMC would be unnecessary spending.

Still if feel extended warranty or AMC is a must, you can always ask for the same from LG.

Just my view.

cheers

Brand stores like CROMA are offering extended warranties for competitive prices.....might want to check that.

yes they do, i have taken extended warranties for every product that i bought from Croma (laptop, table fan, small fridge), but only if you buy it from them. They will not provide extended warranties for items bought from elsewhere.

Also these warranties are provided by Croma and not by the product manufacturer.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back