Amp for dali zensor 7

I would be glad if someone can give a comparison between listening to music from Marantz AVR to Marantz stereo amplifier. For me listening music from my marantz AVR is sweet with dali's!

I would be glad if someone can give a comparison between listening to music from Marantz AVR to Marantz stereo amplifier. For me listening music from my marantz AVR is sweet with dali's!

Yes Marantz is very good for Music. I have a 1504 and was quite happy listening to music as well as movies, however, when I added a NAD stereo amp to the front pre out of the receiver, I fell in love with the sound. It added so much more body and detail to the sound.

MaSh

I have PM7001 (70Wpc) and NR1605 (50Wpc). What do you want to know specifically?
PM7001 drives my speakers effortlessly even though it has only 1 dB advantage over NR1605 in stereo mode. I attribute this to a better P/S section. And the NR1605 is a pain to set up with menus and all.
Since you are local, drop in sometime and listen for yourself.

Cheers,
Raghu

Yes Marantz is very good for Music. I have a 1504 and was quite happy listening to music as well as movies, however, when I added a NAD stereo amp to the front pre out of the receiver, I fell in love with the sound. It added so much more body and detail to the sound.

MaSh

This is the actual difference while playing music via AVR/IA. IA will give more excitement than AVR.

This is the actual difference while playing music via AVR/IA. IA will give more excitement than AVR.

Well its never ending. A DAC feeding to RCA inputs on the receiver bypassing hdmi, internal dac, etc. gave me even better results. It all boils down to how much you can spend, bloat your setup, etc.

There was a time when I was using my Sony music system speakers with a Denon receiver and loved it. I then upgraded my speakers fell in love with music at a different level. I then got a Marantz receiver and the sound further improved.

MaSh

Thanks for the invite.

while I am not an audiophile, listening to music should please the ears. May be because of marantz + dali combo, even internet music stations listening from my AVR is sweet to my ears. While adding up a dedicated stereo set up may further increase the sweet audio punch, but considering the cost that is involved + not that great 2+ hours of listening music per day person (it was all gone old days), I think AVR music capability should be fine for people like me.

however, I am always interested to see that difference it makes with same set up of speakers what output a Marantz AVR can give compared to a Marantz Stereo amp !

Thanks for the invite.

while I am not an audiophile, listening to music should please the ears. May be because of marantz + dali combo, even internet music stations listening from my AVR is sweet to my ears. While adding up a dedicated stereo set up may further increase the sweet audio punch, but considering the cost that is involved + not that great 2+ hours of listening music per day person (it was all gone old days), I think AVR music capability should be fine for people like me.

however, I am always interested to see that difference it makes with same set up of speakers what output a Marantz AVR can give compared to a Marantz Stereo amp !

You are most welcome to my place. My setup is nothing great, but you can check it out if interested.

finally, I have ordered PM7005. got a good deal, please suggest me blu-ray player, max 6k.

Thats Great. Congratulations. For 6k, Pick up a basic Sony, Samsung, Philips BluRay player. Use it as a transport bit streaming everything to the receiver. I used a Philips BluRay player for almost 5 months with a 1TB hard disc connected to it via USB. I have now moved to a Sony PS3. Lots of options on OLX as most of these players are given free with TVs. People who dont need a player put these on OLX.

MaSh

finally, I have ordered PM7005. got a good deal, please suggest me blu-ray player, max 6k.

Can you please share the price you got it at, will become a reference point for others. Thanks.

For the blue ray player go with Sony. Plays all file formats. Have a bad experience with Samsung.

Finally received my Marantz Amp today. :yahoo:

can anyone tell where can I get the USB Type B cable. the dealer dont have with them and checked here in local electronics shop they have some local brands only, no belkin, bandridge.

PM7005 does not have a sub-out or pre-outs. So it would not be possible to add a sub.
When they added the DAC, Marantz decided to do away with pre-outs.
Older models in 700x series had pre-outs.

Cheers,
Raghu

I suppose subwoofer with speaker level connections could be used. The Velodyne Impact series have this option.

Hi Subbiya,

Subwoofers which have Low and High level speaker connectors can be hooked to any amp which does not have a pre out (sub out).

Look for subs within your budget especially those models which have such low and high level connectors

One can diy a small circuit to convert high level to preout level to be used with any subwoofer. Ifeople are interested I can upload the fix. I have one such circuit design from the days of elektor electronics. Have a populated as well as unpopulated PCB too.

Can I add a subwoofer to Marantz PM7005 amp. ? Is that possible in a 2 ch. Need suggestion.

Subwoofer is not really desired in two channel stereo set up. It dilutes the whole stereo experience, imo. But many people have integrated a sub with good results and are happy.

Back