Amp for Elac UB5 Bookshelf

i am using the ELAC UniFi Slim BSU5, it has essentially similar specs as UB5, as suggested by the manufacturer. It is bit smaller in size with extra colour options. The sound signature is same for both. From personal experience i can tell you that these are power hungry speakers and you need a powerful amplifier. I am using Crown 1502 to power these speakers & it drives them well.
If you are going for a stereo setup i will recommend something like NAD power amp, given that you are in germany. I am myself considering this power amp and possibly hypex500 based amplifier as an upgrade but have not heard them as yet. Extra headroom for driving these speakers always helps.
Would the NAD C326 BEE do any justice. Or the above mentioned Yamaha WYA 50.

Would the NAD C326 BEE do any justice. Or the above mentioned Yamaha WYA 50.
For NAD it says 100W, 150W, 200W IHF Dynamic power into 8, 4 and 2 Ohms, respectively. It should be enough. i believe you get option of return from amazon.de. You can always try this one.. What is your source ?

For NAD it says 100W, 150W, 200W IHF Dynamic power into 8, 4 and 2 Ohms, respectively. It should be enough. i believe you get option of return from amazon.de. You can always try this one.. What is your source ?
Yes, since the NAD mentions that I was thinking about it.
In Germany we have the option to return from almost all the stores we buy from. NO matter the location. My source would be majorly Reloop Turn 2 TT with Ortofon cartridge

ELac are considered amazing speakers. If they are anything like the Elac Debut then no integrated amp unless Class A will do justice. Get a nice juicy Power Amp to really make them sing.

MaSh

ELac are considered amazing speakers. If they are anything like the Elac Debut then no integrated amp unless Class A will do justice. Get a nice juicy Power Amp to really make them sing.

MaSh
It’s a 3 way speaker. So definitely needs more power than the Debuts.

It’s a 3 way speaker. So definitely needs more power than the Debuts.

Then get a nice Pre + Power amp combo. Nothing lesser will do justice to them. The better the amp, the better the speakers will scale.

MaSh

i am getting the vintage Denken PMA 700V for €120. is it good enough to drive the Elacs.

price wise it is worth it

I ve had these Elacs for a few months. They are just plain power hungry. I ve run them with a 30 watt NAD and a 300 watt Emotiva.

My suggestion, get the most powerful amplifier you can afford that can play easy on 4 ohms.

How about Klipsch RP 600m and NAD C 316BEE. This combo will cost around €770
These Klipsch are musical, big sounding, but lacks proper center imaging.
For Elacs, you can consider Rotel RA11 or A12 which are good sounding amps.Marantz are soft in front of Rotels.If you can get Naim even preown,it can drive elacs well.

if you are going for vintage amps, always try to find out the repair history. The capacitors age out and need to be changed.
i am not sure about your budget, look at nord acoustics if possible.

ELAC UB5 are good speakers, i had paired my elac BSU5 with technics SL-10 turntable & DIY phono, results were amazing.
Listen to the speakers first and then decide power amp..

Any comparison between Klipsch 500 and 600. Planning to drive them with NAD 316

Somehow I find the 500 a bit bass heavy.
Can anyone please help reply fast. I am at the store to pick up

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back