amp for rega rp1

harsha64

hi guys, ever since i joined this forum my desire to go vinyl increased, coming to the point,i have ordered a pair of b&w 685 speakers less than a week ago but i still not placed any order on the amp!! im confused..initially i wanted to buy the denon avr -1611 for both stereo and movies( surround speakers in the future) i was satisfied with stereo performance but lately i want to buy the rega rp1 TT, this would be my 1st TT. i dont know much about TT's and i wont be able to audition them so can u guys help me out..
1.can i plug the RP1 directly to avr 1611
2.if yes then can i get that vinyl sound or decent sound quality ( im not expecting any excellent sound quality as this is my 1st setup)
3.or should i drop the idea of buying the receiver and go for pre and power amp but this would be out of my budget as i also have at buy the avr for movies.

Reg point 1, please check if the 1611 has an input called "Phono". If it doesn't, it means it does not have in-built phono pre-amplifier. You will need a separate phono preamplifier. The output of the phono preamplifier can be plugged into the line level input of the 1611 (usually marked "AUX").
Joshua

hi guys, ever since i joined this forum my desire to go vinyl increased, coming to the point,i have ordered a pair of b&w 685 speakers less than a week ago but i still not placed any order on the amp!! im confused..initially i wanted to buy the denon avr -1611 for both stereo and movies( surround speakers in the future) i was satisfied with stereo performance but lately i want to buy the rega rp1 TT, this would be my 1st TT. i dont know much about TT's and i wont be able to audition them so can u guys help me out..
2.if yes then can i get that vinyl sound or decent sound quality ( im not expecting any excellent sound quality as this is my 1st setup)
3.or should i drop the idea of buying the receiver and go for pre and power amp but this would be out of my budget as i also have at buy the avr for movies.

If u want to listen mostly to music, then go for the integrated amplifier.
My advise is hear the Denon Integrated amplifier, and compare it with the AVR in the similar price range and then decide.
Denon 710 AE has a phono input which can handle MM cartridge (like RP1) and is reasonably good. Later you can upgrade to a separate phono amplifier

If you want to listen to TT, Vintage is the way to go. Get a decent Integrated amps from 80's. The Phono in those amps are far better then the Phono's which is available in the market now a days.

regards

Rega have pulled out of India. You can no longer by a RP1 turn table.

The Denon 1611 receiver does not have a internal phono stage. You cannot use a turn table with this receiver.

If you are on a tight budget, I suggest stereo integrated amplifier's from Yamaha, Marantz, & Nad. The Yamaha A-S500 has excellent reviews.

Pre Power amplifiers will cost a lot more than a integrated stereo amplifier.

AV Receivers are not the best way to go for a record player. I suggest dedicated setups for music and home cinema.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back