amp optionsPairing a M34i/M35i and how much wattage amp enough for these speaker

tally3tally

Hi
im planning to buy either a Mission M34i/35i Pair
My requirements are for music only therefore am also planning to buy a Stereo amp for these speakers
I would be grateful if someone could shed some info about the kind of amp most suitable for these speakers and the minimum wattage amp required so that the speakers dont end up being underutilized
thanks

Hi
My requirements are for music only therefore am also planning to buy a Stereo amp for these speakers
I would be grateful if someone could shed some info about the kind of amp most suitable for these speakers and the minimum wattage amp required so that the speakers dont end up being underutilized
thanks

since these speakers score decently on the sensitivity front any amp with 25W RMS is good enough ( i drove the miniwatt with 2.5 W per channel upto listenable volumes with the m35). I suggest the norge 1000 with it or NAD 325 with it. I suggest stay away from Marantz as the high end gets a little shrill with this combo. On the whole the m35 has good midrange, good bass and soft treble.

are these speakers not too good at treble according to you ??...strange.... when i had a listen to them at a friends place they sounded very good at treble

Last edited:
are these speakers not too good at treble according to you ??...strange.... when i had a listen to them at a friends place they sounded very good at treble

Tally,
The Miniwatt is a tube amp, which suprateep has recently reviewed.

As for the treble, what Supra wished to convey is that m35i has soft treble, not harsh/irritating/fatiguing treble.:)

Hi
thanks

Norge 1000.

Tally

The Marantz amps can sound metallic in the high frequencies. Thats what Supra meant. I heard this quality too. Its not the speaker.

You should plan on buying an amp with power that you will rarely play beyond 30% volume. So if your room size is large like 18 feet or greater then go for a 60 - 100w rms per channel amp. Else the nad 325 with 50w rms wil do just fine.

Cheers

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back