Amplified subwoofer needed

saiarun

Hi, can someone help me selecting a subwoofer ? Price range 3000-5000 Inr :D

Last edited:
In my opinion, this looks like a tough call Arun. New sub woofers cost around 15,000 or so at the minimum.

What you can do is post a wanted thread and see if someone will be ready to sell you a used piece.

Cheers

You already have a sub woofer? Then why are looking for one more?

Anyhow the prices between what you get in the US, Middle East, or Singapore will be completely different from the prices in India. Prices in India will generally be higher by 50% or more depending upon the brand and a lot of other factors. There are customs charges, transportation and local distributor margin to be taken into account.

setting up a home theater

hi iam new to this forum. iam planning to set up my home theater now as it is the right time for me to do it. my question is that can i combine the bose acoustimass 10 series speakers with yamaha amplifier with RMS of about 100-105 and use a sony DVD player. Can any body pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee guide me with tis

Re: setting up a home theater

hi iam new to this forum. iam planning to set up my home theater now as it is the right time for me to do it. my question is that can i combine the bose acoustimass 10 series speakers with yamaha amplifier with RMS of about 100-105 and use a sony DVD player. Can any body pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee guide me with tis

Nagaraj:

You seem to have hijacked some one else's thread. But any how to answer your question.

The Bose AM 10 series is specified to handle loads up to 100 watts into 4-8 ohms impedance. Looking up the specs for the Yamaha amp RX-V663, it pumps out 135 watts into 8 ohms.

Yes, you can drive the Bose speaker with a Yamaha amplifier of upto about 100-120 watts. The AM 10 is what is called a sub-satellite system. Bose calls the sub - Acoustic Mass Module. It calls the satellites - Cube Speakers.

All connections from the AVR go to the sub or AM Module. You connect the other 5 satellite speakers (cube speakers) to the sub or AM Module and not directly to the AVR. Please read the manual of the Bose system, and do not go by what the AVR manual says. If you are unsure, please refer back to us.

Be careful though, if you play at very high volumes, you could blow your speakers. After you finish the connections, try at low volumes for a little while and then increase the volume till you reach a level that is comfortable to your ears, and a level where the speakers do not seem to distort. I would suggest that you do not cross the 11 'O' clock position on your AVR's volume potentiometer (the volume knob). Many AVRs will show this volume level as around 80dB on their display when you use a remote.

The Sony DVD Player (any DVD Player) is to be connected to the AVR and that is generally straight forward. The order of preference in terms of connection is the HDMI first, followed by the component connection, followed by other connection methods. Unless you DVD player is very very old, you should have a HDMI or a component connection.

It would have been easier if you had given us the model numbers of your AVR and your Sony DVD player. But in any case, what I have mentioned above holds true.

Cheers

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back