Amplifier for ATC SCM 40

what are the prices for accu 460 and rg10?

Finding real price of accuphase product is challenge. There are multiple version of price. Distributor says MRP is 4.5 lacs. If you asks Dealer (Boom-a-range) you will get price of 5.5. I just drop the idea of buying e-460. rather I will concentrate on other options.

I am surprised that even in today's world with GOOGLE, people still try and fleece customers especially in high end products....... It is quite stupid on the retailers part to quote such absurd prices......

Samir: I would recommend that you take your wife to a holiday in Singapore or Hongkong and come back with a new E-460 if it fits your budget...

Finding real price of accuphase product is challenge. There are multiple version of price. Distributor says MRP is 4.5 lacs. If you asks Dealer (Boom-a-range) you will get price of 5.5. I just drop the idea of buying e-460. rather I will concentrate on other options.

I am quite surprised buddy... i have been buying stuff from Boomerang and have always got good, transparent pricing... plus they have been extremely helpful in all things audio....

If you are really keen on an Accuphase E460, please do a quick trip to HK. The cost of the amp including duties and air tickets will be atleast 1.5L less than what you are being quoted.

hi,

It is better to take a quote in writing from different dealers, than compare and take a call. Many dealers will quote a higher price giving room to them/buyer to negotiate.

cheers,

I am quite surprised buddy... i have been buying stuff from Boomerang and have always got good, transparent pricing... plus they have been extremely helpful in all things audio....

Hi Manav,

Even I found them very helpfull in stuff they sale. I had few auditions with them and found them very helpful. I wont deny that fact. But this pricing disparity will keep me away from them for sometime atleast.

Hi Manav,

Even I found them very helpfull in stuff they sale. I had few auditions with them and found them very helpful. I wont deny that fact. But this pricing disparity will keep me away from them for sometime atleast.

dude i think the prices are going up due to the incresed exchange rate of the dollar!

its a great amp. never been happier!

Reg the price hike due to dollar increase and so on, I can recollect the incident which took place few years back. Various Distributors increased their price when the dollar went up from Rs.47 to Rs.50, but they forgot to decrease the price when the dollar hit 45, and now they want to increase the price again quoting the dollar increase. This is nothing but Day Robbery:indifferent14:

regards

Reg the price hike due to dollar increase and so on, I can recollect the incident which took place few years back. Various Distributors increased their price when the dollar went up from Rs.47 to Rs.50, but they forgot to decrease the price when the dollar hit 45, and now they want to increase the price again quoting the dollar increase. This is nothing but Day Robbery:indifferent14:

regards

Also the amps would have been imported maybe a year back. Sale of accuphase amps is quiet good but it cant sell as mass selling amps like denon, nad, etc..

dude i think the prices are going up due to the incresed exchange rate of the dollar!

its a great amp. never been happier!

I think Accuphase are made in Japan and Indian distributer getting it from there where FX is yen not USD. yen has not gone up

I think Accuphase are made in Japan and Indian distributer getting it from there where FX is yen not USD. yen has not gone up

The Japanese Yen is rising faster than any other currency in the world. In the summer of 2007 one dollar was buying 120 yen. It is now buying 76 yen. One Euro was buying 166 yen. It is now buying 105 yen. One pound was buying 251 yen. It is now buying 120 yen. Quite simply every major currency has fallen of the cliff against the yen.

Any FX trader who figured this would happen in 2007, and followed his hunches, would be sitting on a fortune now :)

I am surprised that even in today's world with GOOGLE, people still try and fleece customers especially in high end products....... It is quite stupid on the retailers part to quote such absurd prices......

Samir: I would recommend that you take your wife to a holiday in Singapore or Hongkong and come back with a new E-460 if it fits your budget...

You are just spot on. HK price is 45k which converts to INR 2.8 lacs. Total should come to around 4.2 including duties+airfare

Do ask the dealer to under invoice the amplifier.... Also check the dimensions of the original packing carton and try and take suitcase in which it will fit....I am sure the customs guys will not check the box if you would be carrying only 1 amplifier...but just in case they do check you can also get away by saying that you had taken the amp for repairs.....

Do think over the above points as I am a veteran in getting bookshelf speakers like this and have succeded 4 times so far ;)...

If you are lucky, it will cost you just the 2.8 lakhs and the air tickets/hotel....

Do ask the dealer to under invoice the amplifier.... Also check the dimensions of the original packing carton and try and take suitcase in which it will fit....I am sure the customs guys will not check the box if you would be carrying only 1 amplifier...but just in case they do check you can also get away by saying that you had taken the amp for repairs.....

Do think over the above points as I am a veteran in getting bookshelf speakers like this and have succeded 4 times so far ;)...

If you are lucky, it will cost you just the 2.8 lakhs and the air tickets/hotel....

Any idea if HK power rating is similar to India?

Last edited:
Got the delivery of SCM40. Superb build quality. Hooked up to my Denon AVR:)sad:) trying to complete burn-in period.

Back