Amplifier for Passive Subwoofer (Samsung HT-D355K package)

Nick07

Hi,

I'm planning to upgrade my Home Theatre (just the received - AVR) and will be using the existing speakers with the new AVR.

My problem is that I don't know which Amplifier to buy to provide power to my Subwoofer from the new AVR that comes with Active Subwoofer (which I'm not going to buy separately) as I'm satisfied with the current subwoofer.

If someone can share the link for the Amplifier that I can buy online, please do or if you have a model/product information so that I can look it up online.

Thank you.

Regards,
Nick

Hi,

I'm planning to upgrade my Home Theatre (just the received - AVR) and will be using the existing speakers with the new AVR.

My problem is that I don't know which Amplifier to buy to provide power to my Subwoofer from the new AVR that comes with Active Subwoofer (which I'm not going to buy separately) as I'm satisfied with the current subwoofer.

If someone can share the link for the Amplifier that I can buy online, please do or if you have a model/product information so that I can look it up online.

Thank you.

Regards,
Nick
I think any professional amplifier will work unless you want to try some class D modules.

Some links you may find useful

There are few FMs in the forum who design mono block/stereo. Get in touch with them too

Thank you for the recommendation!

I would also like to confirm if my existing speakers (3ohms-impedance) will work with Pioneer VSX-534 or will it affect the AVR as it will be trying to draw more current from the amplifier in the AVR?

Any recommendations for the speakers package would be helpful.

Thank you for the recommendation!

I would also like to confirm if my existing speakers (3ohms-impedance) will work with Pioneer VSX-534 or will it affect the AVR as it will be trying to draw more current from the amplifier in the AVR?

Any recommendations for the speakers package would be helpful.
That receiver is capable of 4-16 ohms. Most receivers would be rated similarly at 6-16 ohms. You could look at Sony amps/players which are similarly rated.

You could try one option. Buy book shelf speakers for the front which are say 8 ohms. With the now free 3 ohm speakers, wire them in Series with the rear surround speakers to make them 6ohms. This way you will not have to worry about impedance load on the amp. You can choose to add a Center now or later, or if you have an extra 3ohm, run the center too in series. Look at some of the Yamaha or Onkyo HTIB receivers which have support for passive subwoofers.

MaSh

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back