Amplifier suggestions

akpurohit

Currently I'm having Dali ikon7 paired with Denon pma 710 amplifier and Denon cd710 CD player. But as my amplifier starts troubling, I'm thinking about changing it so need suggestions for perfect amplifier...few choices Denon 1520 Denon 2020 Marantz pma 6005 / 8005

I am considering PM6005. Can not audition though...Going purely by the reviews.
Checked CA-351A... sounds good, other than a relatively weaker bottom end (it was driven by Dali Zensor 7).

If your room size , CD player, Speakers remain same and then any of these amplifier can change sound drastically?

During the hunt for my setup, I got to audition the Dali Ikon 6 MK2 paired with a ARCAM FMJ A19. Sounded good, though the listening room was not setup well. You may want to consider these in your list.

1. ARCAM - FMJ A19
2. NAIM Nait 5i serie
3. Peachtree Audio Nova 125SE

The above amps are the ones I got to listen recently, all were good in their respective setups, never had an option to mix amps with same set of speakers.

I would suggest, find a Dali dealer and see what amps hes got on demo & start listening. I dont think any of the entry level amps from CA/Marantz/Denon/Yamaha could do justice to the pair of speakers you have. (like CA upto 651, Marantz upto 6005). I've learnt one thing from all the auditions - Power ratings don't matter at all.

Good luck.

Hi,

With a budget of 1 lakh, I am sure you will get the best amplifiers which would give you the bang for the buck....IMHO, I believe whatever the power rating of any amplifier, if there is a High Current Transformer supplying power, the amp will not go out of steam to pump up the speakers....

Here is an interesting link I stumbled upon some time back which has good information.

Matching Amps and Speakers - Do we Need to Worry?

All the best

All basic integrated amps have loudness control.. While mid and high end amps don't have loudness control...can I get better bass after spending 1 lac+ amount

@akpurohit
You are right. Mid and high-end amps don't have loudness control, some of them don't even have any controls, except volume. What if someone wants to listen to EDM or dub-step without missing the thumping beat? As I know, most high-end amps don't even have sub-out!

Last edited:
Amitkg thanx for suggestions but does the absence of loudness control hamper the bass performance of high end amp?

Hi can anybody give few suggestions about loudness control or can anyone suggest that why loudness control not required in high end integrated amplifier.

Amitkg thanx for suggestions but does the absence of loudness control hamper the bass performance of high end amp?

High-end amps are for purists. IMO, purists don't like bass-heavy music, they are more into classical, very old, out of the world kind of music; in short, which an ordinary Joe doesn't listen to. Moreover, they like their pricy audio-gears more than the music! First you test yourself, where you belong! If you are a fence-sitter, ponder for few months/years (it may take a life-time) then depending on your status buy your preferred audio gear :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

Last edited:
Despite my age 54..i love bass. Mostly I listen to mainstream rock Coldplay dire straits type lots of fusion like budda bar..so more musically balanced output required vocals are not as important

High end does not mean no bass like what Amitkg has referred to.
Every company has their own signature output, some are neutral, some bass heavy, some bright. That's why audiophiles always insist on system matching.

It's never the rule that an expensive system will always sound the best. What may sound good to one person may not satisfy another. Everyone has a different taste and feel to what they hear from their systems. U have to listen to a few setups to understand, then you'll know what you're after.

Coming to your initial query on Tonal Controls not present in most high end amps - it simply means those manufacturers don't want you to alter what they've designed the system to output. U like it buy or look elsewhere.

IMO, if an high end amp has minimal options then they've focused only on what was necessary which will suit most of their buyers.

Good luck on your search.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back