Amplifiers for thiel CS1.6 speakers

I dont think you can go wrong with the roksan kandy, ive seen a lot positive posts about it across the net.

Ok.. To be clear, I went to get an idea of the caspian by demoing the kandy since they had only that. :D

Caspian is on sale by Raj in the forum. :)

Forgot to update.
Got home the Musical Fidelity A5.5 integrated amp for 65k.

Enough power to drive the thiels and a warmer sound to compensate the thiels' alleged cold character (I personally think they are neutral though).

Congratulations Blasto:clapping:. Now its time for a treat to our eyes with some pictures. So, do the needful pleeej..:D

Congrats Blasto. I have the A5 and when I auditioned A5.5 it sounded even better but no upgraditis yet. The subwoofer connectivity and USB are very good options. Anything to simplify the chain is good and the 5.5 seems to do that quite nicely.

What speakers are you using? If they allow for bi-wiring, go ahead with that as the dynamics get even better with the power of the MF.

Enjoy the music.

Congrats Blasto. I have the A5 and when I auditioned A5.5 it sounded even better but no upgraditis yet. The subwoofer connectivity and USB are very good options. Anything to simplify the chain is good and the 5.5 seems to do that quite nicely.

What speakers are you using? If they allow for bi-wiring, go ahead with that as the dynamics get even better with the power of the MF.

Enjoy the music.

Just for joke, you forgot to see the topic + your signature:p:p

Enjoy the music.

I think A5.5 should not be in the picture of upgrade if you have A5. :) The improvement will be minimal.

Actually the USB remains unused since I have a M1 DAC doing the job.
USB is definitely a good to have though.

Pre-out and dedicated pre-in are boons too. Can use the power amp section alone if I need to upgrade the pre in future. Pretty impressive connectivity options.

65k for a demo piece with warrenty is a great deal is what I hear from most. :)

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back