Amps suited for RS6,Mezzo6,Ikon6,Quad22L2

shagun

Hello All,

Please let me know which amplifier(budget=35K for the amp) combination would be most suitable for the following speakers (so that I can audition the right combo, if possible):
1. MA RS6
2. Mezzo6
3. Dali Ikon6
4. Quad 22L2
And which amp-speaker combination would you rate the best suited for me (Music choice: Bollywood, AR Rehman, Jagjit Singh).

Thanks.

I assume you are looking for integrated?
Talk to soundsgreat he knew someone who was selling a good integrated.

Nad 532 may suit you as well.

Hello All,

Please let me know which amplifier(budget=35K for the amp) combination would be most suitable for the following speakers (so that I can audition the right combo, if possible):
1. MA RS6
2. Mezzo6
3. Dali Ikon6
4. Quad 22L2
And which amp-speaker combination would you rate the best suited for me (Music choice: Bollywood, AR Rehman, Jagjit Singh).

Thanks.

Hi:

MA RS6 -> Arcam A28/A38, NAD 355/372, CA 840A V2.
Mezzo6 -> CA 840A V2, Marantz PM7003/8003.
Dali Ikon6 -> NAD 355/372, Arcam A28/A38, Naim 5i.
Quad 22L2 -> No idea (others might comment).

[imo] :)

Last edited:
Yes anm, I am looking for integrated amp.
anm and unleash_me, I am looking for the right amp combination for each of the speaker. e.g. maybe marantz 7003 for RS6 while ca 840A for mezzo6 and so on.
Regards.

Last edited:
Hi Amit,
I am planning audition for the weekends:15th/16th and 29th/30th Aug (depends also on availability of the speakers/amp with the dealer).
RS6 I would audition in Sep end in Mumbai and possibly also RX6.

Hi Shagun:

The amps i suggested for the various speakers, i thought, would blow your budget away (35k). I mean, if available in your city/dealers you can audition those combos and see which sound you like the most, and depending on that you can stretch your budget or ignore the combos.

The Marantz PM7001 and NAD 325 BEE, i forgot to add in my mix, as mentioned above by a poster. IMO, 7001/325 are excellent amps that would mix n match with some of the speakers that you've selected for audition, so hear that too. PM7001 would fit your budget well and even lesser (phased out model).

Yeah, RX6, end of Sept would be also nice to audition, and this might open doors for the RS6 to go cheap as well.

:)

Thanks Vinod for your replies.
Marantz PM 7003(31K) fits my budget. I am not sure about the rest.

I am eagerly waiting for your review of RX6 from AP,Chennai.
I think they would start the auditions after 16th Sep(worldwide launch date).

Hi Shagun:

Before i could even hear the RX6 in September, WHFSV would have published the RX6 in their mag, so you'll have good report there.

Thanks Vinod for your replies.
Marantz PM 7003(31K) fits my budget. I am not sure about the rest.

I am eagerly waiting for your review of RX6 from AP,Chennai.
I think they would start the auditions after 16th Sep(worldwide launch date).

Do let us know about your audition reviews. Infact send me a pm, I might come along for Delhi auditions

Hi Amit,

I believe Mezzo6 should be available at Pro Acoustics,Khan Mkt and Ikon6 should be available at Sight and Sound,Okhla.
Would check with them.

Shagun, AFIK FX Entertainment, 40/46 C.R.Park also is the dealer of Mordaunt-Sort. So Mezzo6 may be available with them. You may call Tutu (Mobile 9818666077). FX Entertainment does not have good reputation about customer handling but I had good experience with them.

Pro Acoustics, 18A, Khan Market (A Sharda group Company) is the dealer of Dali. Meet Mr. Victor there (Tel: 24618464). You may try Ikon6 there. Pro Acoustics is dealer of Mordaunt Sort also.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back