An awesome modern day tape deck

Reminds me of the highly successful Saregama product, Caravan. May be these guys could similarly pack in a few albums from the cassette era as starter kit. Also, hope the players are voiced to resemble the tape sound.

Why would they be voiced to sound like tapes when digital is clearly better?
Because those buying them would do so for the nostalgia. I thought it was obvious.

What’s better anyway? It’s subjective. Digital is likely to be clearer, but tape lovers might crave for the sweet/euphonic sound of their old cassettes. A filter/EQ option could be provided to enable both choices.

Why would they be voiced to sound like tapes when digital is clearly better?
Exactly. Other than nostalgia and a tendency to stick to old habits, these have no value. Must learn to absorb new technologies and methodologies that are far better.

You are right about nostalgia sir and it makes sense only for nostalgia and a bit of coolness... Digital is objectively much better .. Subjective is your choice and preference but the facts are quite objective...

These decks are for people like me who would like the nostalgia of the times gone by but better technology.. Tape lovers have an option of playing their tapes just like people spin vinyls...

Reminds me of the highly successful Saregama product, Caravan. May be these guys could similarly pack in a few albums from the cassette era as starter kit. Also, hope the players are voiced to resemble the tape sound.
Nah!!
I'll just imagine "hiss" and apply a Dolby B/C NR in my head.
Cheers,
Raghu

I'll just imagine "hiss" and apply a Dolby B/C NR in my head.
My cassette player was so bad that the hiss was hardly heard. Dolby what ?

Something like this one. This mono was connected to a big box with two full range (cheap) speakers. The interesting thing is that I still remember the songs that we used to listen to on this player, The who, Mr. Bojangles, gentleman Jim, Cliff Richards .. hehe Nostalgia indeed.

990cff597e687af5916bc1646d1359fe.jpg

Did you see the video? That guy has a Samsung smartphone plugged inside where the tape system should have been. To me, it sounds like - "Hey Dude, you are paying 300 Euros for a openly visible con game. Thanks for being such a great sucker. Do you have any friends who will also fall for this?" :D:D

I suppose this must be the first cassette deck in the world from which you can make phone calls. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hahaaha.. this is brilliant .. it even lets you add the hum basis your voltage of 50hz or 60 hz.. I am actually looking for a plugin which just looks like a vinyl playing on Jriver with all the benefits of the Jriver sound.. Let me check if there is any such plugin...

Back