An experience of DENON AVR X2500H update error loop and Indian customer service.

I have the same issue. My receiver X1500 . A few months back all of a sudden all the modules related to network stopped working. I was not so sure it happened few days after some update through the heos app. Sound and video was working for 2 months. Then in December, everything stopped working.No audio and video. Nothing was working. Tried all the restore options but to no avail. Decided to take to profx, in mid December. They said it will take 2-3 weeks just to diagnose and also service charge of Rs.1000 in case it is not serviceable. Extactly on the last day of the 3rd week, got a call from them saying hdmi board and wifi module has gone bad and it cannot be serviced, since they can't get the required parts. I was hoping it to be fixed, but dejected after paying ₹1000. After getting back the receiver, it was shutting off on its own after 30 seconds, and gave the error message please check the network connection, and error 0101 and update error 2A02. After all this , stumbled up on this thread and got the firmware from sound United. But even that is not fruitful. Now, just after 3 years the receiver has to be trashed. I had another Denon from my brother that was bought 16 years back and is working flawless.

Yea our both instructions are same mate ..

But my AVR got stuck at "Please Wait" after I turn the source to HEOS Music .. its not showing "Tune in Internet Radio" or "No Network Connection".

I waited for more than 1 hour still showing "Please Wait"

I think I have no choice left have to send to customer care :(
IS your receiver working now? mine also same exact problem. found any solution for the same?

Update issue can be there with pre too. It depends on how company is supporting.
Agree.....but unfortunately I realised too late that denon's OTA is messy. Since I use network (intra and internet), it's a piss off to find your device stuck with error....due to the OTA messing up. They should have kept the Heos ecosystem separate.

Update was such a nice affair when denon listed the firmwares on their website and we could do under USB route. I didn't face any in the initial years.....the f*#k ups happened from last 2 years.

A very peculiar and interesting thing with my denon. I don't know whether it's due to any lack of oversight.....or any misdiagnosis.

So what happened is this:

2 months back, my denon again started having the issue as mentioned in the OP. I was flabbergasted. I tried the usual troubleshooting......still error.

Then I resorted to the USB update route again. Didn't work this time. I got very pissed off.....such software bugs and OTA updates messing up again and again. I said enough I am not going to do anything.....and keep the AVR as a paperweight.

I kept it just like that for almost 2 months.

My Sabaj D5 + Kali LP8 + Klipsch subwoofer is so good.....I thought let the denon be relegated to the dustbin. I couldn't find any rationale to send the device to get it repaired spending around 28k (which was quoted to me way back as mentioned in my OP)

Then last week I was doing some finishing touches with my dedicated HT......dark colours walls, heavy blackout curtains to cover windows and acoustic treatment...with a final placement of my motorised recliners.

I thought of just playing with my denon x2500h and see if I can use the AUX function. I turned on power.....and surprised by no display of error. I thought "What the......no update error? No please wait". I was not really convince that it might work again. I turn off and power on again…….and yes, the device didn’t show any update error. But the initial display did showed “HDMI=NONE”

This left me thinking……and a remote possibility that the device ‘might’ work …..rekindle some hope in me. So just for namesake I tried the rest steps - press the Tuner + and Tuner - keys when powering on. I was not expecting much…..but the device showed no error again. It showed ‘Initialised’ and the a normal display. (But still no display output on my TV)

I didn’t know what to do next. I expected the usb update to work. I expected the display output to work after resetting. But nothing …..powered up gain the initial display showed ‘ HDMI = NONE’. No buttons on the remote was working….cannot go into setup/settings.

I fiddle with the input selector (the right knob) ….and somehow dialed into the ‘TV AUDIO’ selection.

Then

Set up started. I stared at the device for 2 minutes :p

I had disconnected my TV……now with some excitement I connected again and VIOLA the display output worked…..the setup assistant came up. I connected my speakers LR and competed the setup. The remote buttons worked and setup can be now entered.

I checked all my settings. Disabled auto update. Luckily I saw the newer firmware (not the original factory one, which I also had on usb) with latest DTS version.

Okay now my moot point:
Dear FMs, if your denon issues especially with update error comes up….power off and shelve the device for few days or weeks. And then retry resetting. And see if you can get the setup assistant work again.

I don’t know how these bugs and errors are resolving themselves…..but one guess is that there could be a profile setting on ? EPROM …..possibly after some days with power off, it resets or something. I definitely remember getting update errors…errors numbers of 2A02…or 2B02 codes. I also remembered the sickening feeling after the failed troubleshooting.

But all ends well that ends well I supposed.

Currently I use the multiple HDMI inputs on my TV/PROJECTOR and use HDMI/ARC with the AVR.

Sharing this intriguing experience.

I found this for restoring to factory. But maybe this was already tried. https://support.westan.com.au/porta...-firmware-update-how-can-i-fix-the-connection
I had mentioned this in my OP. (dec 2020) In fact this was what I thought was the error and felt mighty confident that it will solve my problem that time. But alas…

This second time was very surprising and at the same time intriguing, I actually had no hope of my device working again with the update codes displayed. I had three update error codes displayed. I was really surprised when these error codes/messages were not displayed.

Good to hear your AVR is back in action. I had a similar experience recently with another piece of audio equipment that partially came out of the coma it was in after a long period of disuse. Unfortunately, it has not yet come back fully to life.

A very peculiar and interesting thing with my denon. I don't know whether it's due to any lack of oversight.....or any misdiagnosis.

So what happened is this:

2 months back, my denon again started having the issue as mentioned in the OP. I was flabbergasted. I tried the usual troubleshooting......still error.

Then I resorted to the USB update route again. Didn't work this time. I got very pissed off.....such software bugs and OTA updates messing up again and again. I said enough I am not going to do anything.....and keep the AVR as a paperweight.

I kept it just like that for almost 2 months.

My Sabaj D5 + Kali LP8 + Klipsch subwoofer is so good.....I thought let the denon be relegated to the dustbin. I couldn't find any rationale to send the device to get it repaired spending around 28k (which was quoted to me way back as mentioned in my OP)

Then last week I was doing some finishing touches with my dedicated HT......dark colours walls, heavy blackout curtains to cover windows and acoustic treatment...with a final placement of my motorised recliners.

I thought of just playing with my denon x2500h and see if I can use the AUX function. I turned on power.....and surprised by no display of error. I thought "What the......no update error? No please wait". I was not really convince that it might work again. I turn off and power on again…….and yes, the device didn’t show any update error. But the initial display did showed “HDMI=NONE”

This left me thinking……and a remote possibility that the device ‘might’ work …..rekindle some hope in me. So just for namesake I tried the rest steps - press the Tuner + and Tuner - keys when powering on. I was not expecting much…..but the device showed no error again. It showed ‘Initialised’ and the a normal display. (But still no display output on my TV)

I didn’t know what to do next. I expected the usb update to work. I expected the display output to work after resetting. But nothing …..powered up gain the initial display showed ‘ HDMI = NONE’. No buttons on the remote was working….cannot go into setup/settings.

I fiddle with the input selector (the right knob) ….and somehow dialed into the ‘TV AUDIO’ selection.

Then

Set up started. I stared at the device for 2 minutes :p

I had disconnected my TV……now with some excitement I connected again and VIOLA the display output worked…..the setup assistant came up. I connected my speakers LR and competed the setup. The remote buttons worked and setup can be now entered.

I checked all my settings. Disabled auto update. Luckily I saw the newer firmware (not the original factory one, which I also had on usb) with latest DTS version.

Okay now my moot point:
Dear FMs, if your denon issues especially with update error comes up….power off and shelve the device for few days or weeks. And then retry resetting. And see if you can get the setup assistant work again.

I don’t know how these bugs and errors are resolving themselves…..but one guess is that there could be a profile setting on ? EPROM …..possibly after some days with power off, it resets or something. I definitely remember getting update errors…errors numbers of 2A02…or 2B02 codes. I also remembered the sickening feeling after the failed troubleshooting.

But all ends well that ends well I supposed.

Currently I use the multiple HDMI inputs on my TV/PROJECTOR and use HDMI/ARC with the AVR.

Glad to hear it worked out - My x1200 has been left alone for a year now. Let me try if it works - may be over the weekend.

Because you share manual but no file to upload. You think that if i conntact with Sound United/denon customer care he can send me a file ?

Because you share manual but no file to upload. You think that if i conntact with Sound United/denon customer care he can send me a file ?
The firmware that I have is specific to the serial number.

If I send it to you, it may brick your device.

You need to read the whole thread to help you. An FM got his version of firmware from sound United

Is it because of some kind license (dolby, audyssey, etc) that the firmware has the serial number burnt inside the firmware?

Is it because of some kind license (dolby, audyssey, etc) that the firmware has the serial number burnt inside the firmware?
I don't know.

It was infact an information given to me by the denon engineer who was most probably a Japanese engineer who responded to my complaint. The download link was from Japanese sever.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back