An Installation

hey Venkat, how would you say the YHT 195 compares to the Onkyo HTIBs?

Well, I recently installed a YHT 195 for a friend here in Chennai. All I did was get the wall clamps for the small satellites, mount the speakers, and put small cable holders on the walls to carry the cables to the AVR.

After this was done, I used a AVIA disc to tune the system, add a bit of low frequency, and enhance the SPL level to the centre channel. I played a couple of my favourite DVD including Sivaji, Iron Man, and tuned the system as well as I could. The issue was that the person was not ready to spend over 2000 for the whole installation, and that became a major issue.

I have asked this friend to use the system for a few weeks, and then I will be going back for a fresh look to see if I can tune the system a bit more.

But it does sound nice as such.

I will certainly be posting all my experiences in the AV field as and when they take place.

Cheers

venkatcr said:
and put small cable holders on the walls to carry the cables
As usual nice explanatory post and excellent job Venkat!
Do you know where I can get these cable holders and what are they called locally? I need a few to neatly route my z5300 cables.

Do you know where I can get these cable holders and what are they called locally? I need a few to neatly route my z5300 cables.

They are available in all electrical shops and are called nail cable clip. Here is a rough image of what I am talking about.

The edge near the nail end is larger than the outer edge and you can continue inserting thin cables even after mounting. They are also available with screws in which case you have to drill a hole, insert a plastic wall plug, and then screw this clip on the plug.

Cheers

hey Venkat, how would you say the YHT 195 compares to the Onkyo HTIBs?

Difficult to answer as I have never heard an Onkyo HTIB in ideal environment. They have always been in noisy malls and/or shops. And frankly this was the first time I heard even an Yamaha HTIB.

Amongst the HTIBs, I think the critical factors would be the speakers and speaker placement. Room acoustics and wall reflection, added to the the sub/sat design, will always make such systems sound tinny.

I think replacing the front speakers at least with a pair of good bookshelves would go a long way is delivering good sound - whether it is the Onkyo or the Yamaha.

Maybe one day I will take my humongous Aperion Audio audio bookshelves and see how it sounds with the Yamaha HTIB.

Cheers

Last edited:
They are available in all electrical shops and are called nail cable clip. Here is a rough image of what I am talking about.

The edge near the nail end is larger than the outer edge and you can continue inserting thin cables even after mounting. They are also available with screws in which case you have to drill a hole, insert a plastic wall plug, and then screw this clip on the plug.

Cheers

This is P clip which is available in any hardware shops

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back