An Introduction and a Call for Suggestions.

For only 2 or 3k savings I'd go for bill&warranty. Never know these days forum members are reporting broken tweeters etc., Better go with b&w.:)

Thats What i was wondering as well. 3K for Bill and warranty = piece of mind also!

plus the dealer insists he cant give installation (casing/wiring) plus cables extra

It look like polks+denon are my only option. atleast from the speakers that auditioned.

Most dealers would charge you for casing,wiring and installation , unless you are buying costly gear. You can find a good local installer or ask your electrician to do the install for you. Don't compromise the system on cables/wiring and installation. If you have little patience and will , I think you can DIY. Forum members will definitely guide you.

@Mridul.
10th June is when i visited the showroom. I was attended to by a very polite lady.
She did offer to to begin an audition with the speakers. But i wanted he to know my budget before we begun. she also said the 1010i are going out of stock, and showed me a pair of bookshelves on stands, and a center they had left. The pair were priced at 13K. I dont remeber the pricing for the center.
Mridul. Please PM me your number, i might be coming down to residency road today, and i can call u if i am.

My number is +919342422204

Hello Haren (heroin :) )

Nice to see you here! Welcome to the search for the perfect sound system! :clapping:

@Mridul

Yes i will leave my office at 7pm .. so i should be there by 7:30-8pm.

Still in two minds whether to go in for a full 5.1 setup or build up slowly...

@ naveen
Thanks.. ur opinions on my predicament?

The Story so far -

Auditioned the Q Acoustics 2020 and the 1010. Both are very good. Ofcourse the 2020 were better for music as well as for movies. .

I am considering going with the 1010 for fronts. A few months later, but the 2020s and place the 1010s as surrounds. Is this a viable option? or is it better to go for dedicated "surround" Speakers.

A Sub and A Center at a later stage should complete the setup.

Thoughts guys?

Auditioned the Wharfedale 10.2 series but was not very impressed with them for movies. The bass is very good, but the it seemed overpowering in movies and the highs were much too sharp.

The problem also could be cos the dealer demo'd them through a regular DVD player and not through the Denon Amp.

The wharfedales arent on my list as yet cos they are pretty big bookshelves. The size would be a definite NO for the Head Office - Interiro Decorator- Wife:D ..

Setting aside about 3k to 4k for cables, connectors and installation.

Hope to audition the Morduant Short/ Polk / Jamo this week.

Will keep you guys posted on developments

Cheers!

Final Touch Bangalore. 14/2, Subbaiah Circle, Mission Road, Bangalore -27. Contact-+91 080 41326161 +91 080 41326162

Update!

Took an audition of Klipsch B-2 Bookshelf Speakers at Cinebels, Lavelle Road.

Very Nice. As good as the Qacoustic 2020 Pair . But the demo was a short one .. about 20 mins.

For surrounds the dealer/sales rep suggested a pair of Jamo A 102s. I have not seen them or heard them yet.. but they have said they can arrange a demo within a days notice.

If i go with klipshc i was wondering whether to go with Q Acoustics 1010 for surrounds or Jama A 102.

Price i got for Klispch B-2 is Rs. 15,000/-

He said this is the pahsed out model and the new models are B-20 series priced at Rs. 15,800/-

I have been offered a 7% Discount on the above pricing.

This is just fyi while my search for the speakers continue.

Will probably audition the monitor audio speakers on Tues/ Wednesday and finalise.

The list .. in no particular order so far is

1. Qacoustics 2020
2. Klipsch B-2
3. Qacoustic 1010

Denon 1611.

Good news.

Finally Picked up the Denon AVR 1611 from Uniqsys @ 23,900.

Also picked up Qacoustics 2010 series. :yahoo:

Will be getting the delivery today and will start running them in tonight. :eek:hyeah:

Am planning to get the Boston Acoustics CS10 Sub next month for it, getting it at 13K.

But will be on the lookout for better deals as well. Suggestions are welcome!:D

Are you near whitefield ? :)

Nope ! Not Even close! .. i stay at JP nagar. But off late travel to whitefield has increased as my clients (General motors, Leeboy, KHT, Whitefield honda, bimal,etc) are all located there. I also have an aunt in Palm meadows so i visit often! ..

you?

hi for the 1611 you can get
Paradigm CT70 5.1
Tannoy SFX5.1
near to ur budget give it a try ..

Thanks. I just started the journey by buying the Q acoustics 2010.

Will keep the forum posted on progress from there on.

Next up. Sub woofer :D ..

Any reviews on the Boston Acoustics CS10 guys? .. online reviews are pretty decent. Nothing bad but nothing over the top either.

Brought the QAcoustics home as i had taken their delivery in office and didn't check the speakers at office. Found them to be "Glossy" Black instead of Graphite black (matte black). :sad:

Wanted to still keep it.. but wife said "NO" .:mad:. it was a big finger print / dust magnet and so they are yet to be tried out in my room! .. one more day for the review!

Have connected the AVR with speaker cables.. so tomw will hopefully be a quicker setup.

Update!

Got the Speakers Finally. A lovely Matte Black Finish. Connected all the equipment. Now Realised i have so many remotes!! .. the hunt for a good Universal remote or bargains one the Harmony one is now officially on. Any group buys possible on the Logitech harmony one? .. or the 525..

pic attached of the setup! ..

Thanks all for your inputs... one last question. Theres a "burning in "period for speakers. Whats the volume cut off for the first 100hrs for the speakers?

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back