Another Cabinet build for GR Research X-ls Encore kit

@Amit

They are looking very nice and should sound good. Let it burn in and it will definitely improve after may be 100 hrs :clapping:

Congratulations Amit. :clapping:

Now till next one month forget that auditioning of speakers which you built and just keep playing it using any source. After that you will realize what it means to be good speakers. At least 100hrs playtime is required.

@Amit

They are looking very nice and should sound good. Let it burn in and it will definitely improve after may be 100 hrs :clapping:

Congratulations Amit. :clapping:

Now till next one month forget that auditioning of speakers which you built and just keep playing it using any source. After that you will realize what it means to be good speakers. At least 100hrs playtime is required.

I agree with both of you hundred percent. Let me run them for some good 100 hrs before we make any judgement and i am sure the outcome will be as expected.

great going
so another members with completed GR research

nice to see guys completing thier DIY

what are your existing speakers that they have bettered ?

keep note of the recron stuffing
If you find they mids a bit muffled remove some stuffing
If you find the upper end to strong ass some stuffing
However the upper end does tame down in 50hrs

so dont be in a hurry to add stuffing if you initially find the upper end too much

125 gms per speaker is a good value to start from

great going
so another members with completed GR research

nice to see guys completing thier DIY

what are your existing speakers that they have bettered ?

keep note of the recron stuffing
If you find they mids a bit muffled remove some stuffing
If you find the upper end to strong ass some stuffing
However the upper end does tame down in 50hrs

so dont be in a hurry to add stuffing if you initially find the upper end too much

125 gms per speaker is a good value to start from

My Current speakers are Tannoy Mercury V1. As of now the stuffing is very little, i decided on this after certain discussions with our esteemed members. i am planning to increase/decrease stuffing after usage of 50 to 100 hours. I made a note of this 125 gram of polyfill per speaker earlier from another post of yours. so it will remain in my mind.

Congrats Amit,

I hope you enjoyed the whole process. Just curious about the total cost of project. Of course the time was invaluable.

Regards
Chandra Velaga

Amit, apologies for being away from the forum for such a long time and hence not being able to respond to your PM.

And congratulations on a superb build! Hope you will enjoy it for long!
:clapping::clapping:

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back