Any Cochlear Implantees here?

k_vijay12

Hey, are there any Cochlear Implantees/ hard of hearing folks who enjoy music with their residual hearing? Let's connect!!!

Well, i m a cochlear implantee, can't differentiate speech from background music/sound/ noise. But i can appreciate good music. Fortunately most of my audio gear n choices had been actually appreciated by my friends n colleagues.

My implant can't process below 75Hz, so I m not sure of good low end bass now. Prior to my implants surgery with my residual hearing, I was able to appreciate bass as well. Looking for insights as how I can have a more fulfilling audio experience.

Hey, are there any Cochlear Implantees/ hard of hearing folks who enjoy music with their residual hearing? Let's connect!!!

Well, i m a cochlear implantee, can't differentiate speech from background music/sound/ noise. But i can appreciate good music. Fortunately most of my audio gear n choices had been actually appreciated by my friends n colleagues.

My implant can't process below 75Hz, so I m not sure of good low end bass now. Prior to my implants surgery with my residual hearing, I was able to appreciate bass as well. Looking for insights as how I can have a more fulfilling audio experience.
@k_vijay12 thanks for starting this important thread.
I hope other CI users will benefit from this discussion and join in.
Those using hearing aids will also benefit I am sure.
Here is a nice article with some practical tips for Cochlear implanted enjoy music better. Hope you find some useful.

And this which discusses new research directions.

Last edited:
@Analogous , Thanks for the links. Ya aware of limitations of CI. But fortunately I do enjoy a bit. Pre CI I enjoyed more with my residual hearing. Haven't been actively listening last 5-6 years, but trying to restart listening.

@Analogous , Thanks for the links. Ya aware of limitations of CI. But fortunately I do enjoy a bit. Pre CI I enjoyed more with my residual hearing. Haven't been actively listening last 5-6 years, but trying to restart listening.
Absolutely no reason why you can not enjoy music again, Vijay!
I believe the more you listen to music the better you get at appreciating it. (As with any other skill)

Absolutely no reason why you can not enjoy music again, Vijay!
I believe the more you listen to music the better you get at appreciating it. (As with any other skill)
Post CI, music perception changed. Although I did listen n enjoy to certain extent. Post having a kid, wifey didn't allow me to play music loud.

Post CI, music perception changed. Although I did listen n enjoy to certain extent. Post having a kid, wifey didn't allow me to play music loud.
Hi Vijay,

These articles have some links you may wish to explore and contact.

And

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back