Any Cochlear Implantees here?

k_vijay12

Hey, are there any Cochlear Implantees/ hard of hearing folks who enjoy music with their residual hearing? Let's connect!!!

Well, i m a cochlear implantee, can't differentiate speech from background music/sound/ noise. But i can appreciate good music. Fortunately most of my audio gear n choices had been actually appreciated by my friends n colleagues.

My implant can't process below 75Hz, so I m not sure of good low end bass now. Prior to my implants surgery with my residual hearing, I was able to appreciate bass as well. Looking for insights as how I can have a more fulfilling audio experience.

Hey, are there any Cochlear Implantees/ hard of hearing folks who enjoy music with their residual hearing? Let's connect!!!

Well, i m a cochlear implantee, can't differentiate speech from background music/sound/ noise. But i can appreciate good music. Fortunately most of my audio gear n choices had been actually appreciated by my friends n colleagues.

My implant can't process below 75Hz, so I m not sure of good low end bass now. Prior to my implants surgery with my residual hearing, I was able to appreciate bass as well. Looking for insights as how I can have a more fulfilling audio experience.
@k_vijay12 thanks for starting this important thread.
I hope other CI users will benefit from this discussion and join in.
Those using hearing aids will also benefit I am sure.
Here is a nice article with some practical tips for Cochlear implanted enjoy music better. Hope you find some useful.

And this which discusses new research directions.

Last edited:
@Analogous , Thanks for the links. Ya aware of limitations of CI. But fortunately I do enjoy a bit. Pre CI I enjoyed more with my residual hearing. Haven't been actively listening last 5-6 years, but trying to restart listening.

@Analogous , Thanks for the links. Ya aware of limitations of CI. But fortunately I do enjoy a bit. Pre CI I enjoyed more with my residual hearing. Haven't been actively listening last 5-6 years, but trying to restart listening.
Absolutely no reason why you can not enjoy music again, Vijay!
I believe the more you listen to music the better you get at appreciating it. (As with any other skill)

Absolutely no reason why you can not enjoy music again, Vijay!
I believe the more you listen to music the better you get at appreciating it. (As with any other skill)
Post CI, music perception changed. Although I did listen n enjoy to certain extent. Post having a kid, wifey didn't allow me to play music loud.

Post CI, music perception changed. Although I did listen n enjoy to certain extent. Post having a kid, wifey didn't allow me to play music loud.
Hi Vijay,

These articles have some links you may wish to explore and contact.

And

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back