Any experience buying from The Revolver Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

samgurung

Hi,

Am looking to get into the world of vinyl and am planning to buy the audio technica LP60. The Revolver Club is offering a good price on it. Was wondering if anyone has bought from them and how their services are.

I'm a regular customer at the Revolver Club. Go for it - their service is spot on. I've never been disappointed.

I bought the Rega RP1 from them a couple of years ago. Based on that one-off experience, I would sum up their services as imperfect but well-intentioned.

My initial communications with them went off well - they were helpful.

However, after I placed the order, the first package they delivered to me was an older broken player delivered by mistake - it was supposed to be sent to somebody else for repair. When I called them they apologized profusely and arranged a pick up for it, and sent the actual package within the next few days. Communication in general was not proactive but they did get back to all queries, i.e., communication that should have been initiated from their side had to be done from mine. In the end I was mostly satisfied with them, but they need to improve on their professionalism.

Note: I have no affiliations with them, just sharing my experience.

I have bought a lot of LPs from the Revolver club (mahim) no issues whatsoever

They have an average lp collection. I stopped buying from them online because they don't grade their lps. I had bought an expensive lp. Turned out to be a terrible lp in real bad condition.

No efforts were made to replace it or refund the money. Till finally a few months later the money was refunded. Poor customer service.

It's better to go to their store and buy what u need.

Prices of TT and associated products are also high as compared to a few other store's. Take your time, do some research and buy. Also @samgurung choose a better player. A rega or project even the basic ones would be better than the one u plan on getting.IMHO.

I bought my plx500 from revolver club. The service is good and they respond immediately if there are any issues. Go for it.

Hatchet job!
Without knowing the facts you say hatchet job? Would u like me to put each and every screenshot of my conversation with the person I was chatting with for this as proof? And then would you take your words back? What say 401fan sir? Don’t be in such a hurry to defend someone just because u might have a good relation or agenda with the revolver club. This is my experience AND I can back it up with proof.

They have an average lp collection. I stopped buying from them online because they don't grade their lps. I had bought an expensive lp. Turned out to be a terrible lp in real bad condition.

No efforts were made to replace it or refund the money. Till finally a few months later the money was refunded. Poor customer service.

It's better to go to their store and buy what u need.

Prices of TT and associated products are also high as compared to a few other store's. Take your time, do some research and buy. Also @samgurung choose a better player. A rega or project even the basic ones would be better than the one u plan on getting.IMHO.
Could you recommend some other stores that sell at better rates online?

If u buy from them, visit their shop. Because online their lips are not graded. At least in their shop u will know what u are buying. The other option is buy the new digital lps that are new. No issue with that.

And in India it’s very difficult to buy lps online. Better to see the lps in person. Your in Shillong. I wouldn’t have a clue where you could shop for a tt. Also. Sorry.

Hi,

Am looking to get into the world of vinyl and am planning to buy the audio technica LP60. The Revolver Club is offering a good price on it. Was wondering if anyone has bought from them and how their services are.

Kolkata may be the nearest place from your location where you can buy a TT in person -

Never bought a turntable from them. But I had a 'not-so-good-experience' buying LPs from them.

I placed an order for 3 LP records. They shipped them with hardly any protection. They were just wrapped in a plastic sheet. So of course, they arrived with sleeves all bent and out of shape. They offered to refund the money if I return the LPs. I did that. But I never bought from them again.

In general, I find their LPs overpriced. They offer decent deals with audio equipment though.

But why do you want to buy an Audio Technica LP-60 turntable? Trust me, you will want to upgrade it after a few months. It sounds quite bad to be honest. You can actually see the body of the turntable shaking when the motor rotates. It's scary! If you want something new, buy a Project or Rega instead. Or just buy a vintage turntable from a forum member here. They come up for sale now and then.

Pro fx in Kolkata deals in Denon products. You will find Denon fully automatic tt there.
Only one LP I had purchased from The Rev Club which was in mint condition hence there was no issue.

Last edited:
Hi,

Hi,

I just bought the LP60 from them last week. The deal was smooth with no hiccups whatsoever. The only point worth mentioning is they ship thru Feex and these charges are additional. They charged me 200 bucks even for same city (within Mubai) shipping, which I felt a bit let down, but otherwise no issues. I would highly recommend them.

Regards,

Pushkaraj

I've bought several LPs from these guys. Both from their shop as well as online. Their prices are on the higher side when compared to what Amazon, etc. offers. However, I think these guys import their own quantities and from EU, which causes the import duties be more. Amazon, Universal, SACD import in bulk and then distribute it to various dealers and hence due to that their pricing could be better. Universal's 'Back to Black' titles which cost 1K or so, sometimes are found sold for twice as much at TRC. So one has to compare the prices and buy intelligently from them. What their USP is though is that they import an eclectic mix of music across genres. These guys have brought titles which are obscure, not imported normally by other importers. For eg: I have never seen any Zero 7 albums being sold in India. However, TRC got it in their last shipment and I was happy to bag the sole copy they got in. Also, when I visited their shop, I could get some reasonably priced used LPs as well. Shalom is a great guy and he introduced me to a couple of good artists as well. However, one of my close friends had a not so welcoming feeling when he visited them few months back. Guess it was not Shalom who was there at the shop that time. On the topic of packaging, I find that they secure the LPs very well, use hard cardboard flaps and none of my shipments ever came in damaged. One order is on it's way to my address and I hope I haven't jinxed it!! One feedback I have on their shipment is that while Fedex is reliable, I think TRC is doing very well for themselves now and they can start waiving off the shipment fee and the second one is that despite the charges the shipping method used is not the fastest, most shipments take about 4-5 days to reach to metros. I don't mind paying if it is like a next day delivery or something. Perhaps if anyone from TRC is reading this, I hope they consider this feedback.

So guys the takeaway is that RC is reliable.

I too saw their website. Prices are in the higher side. I was wary of buying from the site though. I guess they can be trusted. Thanks friends for your feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back