Any experience on Soundfoundations AURA speaker stand?

I have the Monitor Gold stands and they are the best things I bought for my bookshelf speakers..
You can increase the weight by filling up the central column with clean dry river sand. Alternatively you can buy atabytes to fill (also available from SF). Good stands enhance the performance of BS speakers and SF stands are well engineered and finished. I don’t have personal experience with either of the two models you have asked about, but if either weigh more than the Castle speakers they would be ok. The heavier one would be safer and more stable. But filling them will increase their mass and change the centre of gravity of the speaker set up. Design and aesthetic choices are of course personal choices. I use double sided sticky tape to anchor the speakers to the top plate. Blu tack is popular too.

I have/had these stands. I used it for my PSB Image B15 loudspeaker. Its an excellent speaker stand and should be fine for your Castle speakers.
The main reason I got these stands were to bring the speaker up to ear level when seated. I am not sure how much it may have contributed to the sound as I did not compare the stand to anything else. Its not easy to do this unless you buy a whole bunch of stand, or, you live in Bombay where Ali can loan you a pair before you buy. It is possible to fill the column with sand if you want improve bass. I did not do it as the PSB's had satisfactory bass output even without filling the stands. Heavy and solid stuff and they don't ring.

I got some velcro straps to secure the speaker to the stand as I had a toddler in the house. You can do this or use blu tack.

The other stand I bought from Ali was the Monitor Gold and that was to support a bigger speaker, which is the Blumenhofer. This is too big and not required for your Castle's. If you go to their image gallery, the second image (from the left) on the top row is my speaker. LinkThis was ~5 years ago.

Last edited:
I bought a Nemisis from SoundFoundation last year. Built like a train (if tank is too much to say). Worth every penny. Aura looks same to me.

Dear FMs,

Does anyone has any personal experience on Soundfoundations AURA speaker stand? Considering it for my Castle Knight2 bookshelf speakers. Compared with Onyx model this one has more weight (15 vs 26kgs). Any info or guidance would be beneficial. Thanks.

As a Soundfoundations product user i have found their products committed to quality build and delivery.
(Disclaimer : No affliations)

I have used SoundFoundations speaker stands and amp enclosure, and I wholeheartedly recommend their products. Not to mention the excellent customer service.

I am using Aura stand with wharfedale evo 4.2, they should be fine with your Castle Knight2.
Build quality is top notch, using it without filling sand, very stable.

Anyone using ESTHETICA speaker stands from hifiracks.in, beautiful modern look, im tried contacting them no body picking up the phone , no reply to my mails

Attachments

• Black.jpg
    Black.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 22
The heavier one would be safer and more stable. But filling them will increase their mass and change the centre of gravity of the speaker set up. Design and aesthetic choices are of course personal choices. I use double sided sticky tape to anchor the speakers to the top plate. Blu tack is popular too.
Hi Analogous,

Could you elaborate on the above i.e. what happens when the centre of gravity changes? Is there a difference to the sound between empty, half filled and full?

I'd filled my stands (SF Nemesis - 15kgs each unfilled) with kitty litter to the brim (it's been approx 4 years) but i never really paid attention to the changes it brought about (except that the stands don't ring/resonate).

Centre of gravity
Shifting downwards
In most cases increases stability

The Nemisis stand unfilled weighs in already at 38 kgs
So filling it will make a difference

But not as much as filling
Say a nexus or an onyx stand

I have sound Foundation "Nemesis" speaker stands. They are good, although not very essential but still I have filled these with white sand. I have used them earlier with Elac's entry level Debut B5 (less then 6 kg weight) and now I am using with Wharfedale Evo 4.1 (around 9kg weight). I am not sure but I think very heavy speaker stands like "Nemesis" complements light bookshelf speakers and if speakers itself has decent weight like 8kg and above one can buy stands that are not very heavy. Just check with sound foundation as to the best suitable for your speakers.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back