Any experience with MX speaker wires?

I am looking for speaker wires and after doing some reading on the net (e.g. The Best Speaker Cable | The Wirecutter) I have decided to buy some decent 12 AWG wire. Searching on the net, I found the MX cable to be available (MX Speaker Cable 12AWG Transparent Type 15 MTRS MX 891A | eBay).

Does anybody have any experience with this cable? Can you suggest some alternatives?

I have often heard about "Mr Murthy Speaker Cables". Are they easy to procure? How much does it cost (approx)?

I am looking for about 7 metres and budget is 2.5k.

Thanks!

I am using MX 16awg (product code MX3088) speaker cable from around 4-5 years. I have fitted these with Banana Plugs that are also from MX (Product code MX1465 & MX1989). I have a running length of 3 meters each side. As I have not used high priced/high end imported cables I cannot compare the quality but this cable is decent and economical. It serves the purpose and I am using these with Wharfedale Evo4.1 speakers and Nad integrated amplifier. As you want to go for 12awg cable I feel it will be better then the 16awg/14awg. As long as the manufacturer use pure copper and does not deceive it's customers on quality it is good and the company/brand can be trusted. Cables are no rocket science and it is entirely based on person's liking for a brand, buying capabilities and social influences. You can search other alternatives as suggested by other members of this forum like Monoprice cable etc. I feel MX is a very reputed Indian brand by MDR electronics and offer cables at a reasonable & affordable price. I have used their mid-end to hi-end audio interconnect cables since ages. My full range of cables are by MX including Audio, Video, Pc. Just when fitting speaker cable use banana plugs or spades, it provides better connectivity and protection of wire corrosion.

I am using MX 16awg (product code MX3088) speaker cable from around 4-5 years. I have fitted these with Banana Plugs that are also from MX (Product code MX1465 & MX1989). I have a running length of 3 meters each side. As I have not used high priced/high end imported cables I cannot compare the quality but this cable is decent and economical. It serves the purpose and I am using these with Wharfedale Evo4.1 speakers and Nad integrated amplifier. As you want to go for 12awg cable I feel it will be better then the 16awg/14awg. As long as the manufacturer use pure copper and does not deceive it's customers on quality it is good and the company/brand can be trusted. Cables are no rocket science and it is entirely based on person's liking for a brand, buying capabilities and social influences. You can search other alternatives as suggested by other members of this forum like Monoprice cable etc. I feel MX is a very reputed Indian brand by MDR electronics and offer cables at a reasonable & affordable price. I have used their mid-end to hi-end audio interconnect cables since ages. My full range of cables are by MX including Audio, Video, Pc. Just when fitting speaker cable use banana plugs or spades, it provides better connectivity and protection of wire corrosion.
On another point I use MX toslink optical cable and I like it. Bought it for a short time use situation but it has stayed connected for 3 years now. So i guess it depends on the product that one picks from a certain companies catlog.

The best value for money should be found at pro-audio shops. There should be many around the city so do drop in. You may just get surprised. And these shops will sell you decent OFC copper speaker or any other type of cables and connectors as studios use them all the time and they dont pay the prices like we do.

There are some online indian websites like sudeepaudio, etc who will have good deals.

On another point I use MX toslink optical cable and I like it. Bought it for a short time use situation but it has stayed connected for 3 years now. So i guess it depends on the product that one picks from a certain companies catlog.

The best value for money should be found at pro-audio shops. There should be many around the city so do drop in. You may just get surprised. And these shops will sell you decent OFC copper speaker or any other type of cables and connectors as studios use them all the time and they dont pay the prices like we do.

There are some online indian websites like sudeepaudio, etc who will have good deals.
True, I am aware of this. I just believe that if possible we should opt for products from our own country and manufacturers. We get decent quality at a much lower price. When we buy imported audio related components the sellers over here add a huge amount apart from the actual dollar conversion and duties etc. We end up paying 40 to 50 percent and sometime even double to the mrp value of those products (abroad price). But sometimes we do not have choice or simply unaware or even we beleive in here say comments and end up buying products that are steeply priced. I also intend to upgrade to MX 12awg speaker cable very soon. I will make the cable myself, buy raw cable and install banana plugs.

True, I am aware of this. I just believe that if possible we should opt for products from our own country and manufacturers. We get decent quality at a much lower price. When we buy imported audio related components the sellers over here add a huge amount apart from the actual dollar conversion and duties etc. We end up paying 40 to 50 percent and sometime even double to the mrp value of those products (abroad price). But sometimes we do not have choice or simply unaware or even we beleive in here say comments and end up buying products that are steeply priced. I also intend to upgrade to MX 12awg speaker cable very soon. I will make the cable myself, buy raw cable and install banana plugs.
With you on using Indian products if they work for the application intended and are genuine as described.

For anyone in Mumbai reading this thread, Spectra cables at lamington road had some really good stuff including some reems of belden coax. I bought a solid copper core belden coax years ago from them other than their own coax and speaker cables and havent looked back since. OFC and OCC studio cables too. Small shop but surprisingly well stocked. My experiences have been pre-covid so I hope and pray they are still in business.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back