Any experience with Philips tvs

sumal87

Hello guys.
Was looking at one of the Philips models pfl5059. Does anyone have any experience with this model.?? Costs 59k for a 55 inch full HD one

Hi

There are many TV brands out there who are competing with each other...you should demo the different brands and decide which one appeals to you in appearance, PQ and SQ....of course todays LEDs last between 3-5 years so warranty and after sales service plays an imp role.....so check all this.....stand at a distance in the shop where you would technically be viewing from at home.....check the PQ from all angles and connectivity options.....

Decide on the model and brand and features then buy it...if purchasing online, ensure that clearly Manufacturers warranty is mentioned and not sellers warranty....

Be patient and make a wise decision all the best......

Hi

No Direct experience with Philips. A couple of my friends have 40 inch ones and works quite well...decent PQ and SQ.

Phillips Tv's are Made by Videocon in India on royalty basis, so you will be paying for the brand name of philips but will be buying a Videocon TV in reality. Rather go for Micromax or VU.

I can understand if someone wants to buy a samsung, sony or lg tv but paying premium for a rebranded videocon TV is laughable specially for informed hifivision members.

Philips tv's aren't in the premium range FYI.have to search for their reviews online before a purchase.

Of-course how can a rebranded Videocon TV be premium, i did not say premium TV, I said premium pricing for a local brand. Videocon-Philips is charging 50% premium price when compared to the other local brands. 55 inch costs 40k from other local brands, so that's 50% price premium for a Videocon TV.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back