Any Feedback on Wharfedale Linton ?

Vocals are very prominent and detailed, can hear all details and low mid frequencies of Diana Krall. Bass is good and plenty, needs a solid amp to keep it controlled. Treble is not prominent I would say, but has good details.
What amp you prefer Vignesh for Linton heritage

You, Sir, are one informed buyer. You have your preferences sorted.

Pls do audition the Lintons. Make sure you audition with all genres of music that you listen to. As mentioned earlier, because of the lower dynamic range, certain genres may not sound their best.

With just 12" of space behind the speakers, you might suffer a slight boominess and definitely, the soundstage depth would suffer. If you plan to have a TV in between, the centre imaging might not be as sharp either. There must be other side effects that may not be audible unless you have trained ears, and also, I cannot list them because I don't know enough!

If you do not want to take these risks, pls insist on a home audition or explore front-ported or sealed speakers. A close cousin would be Evo 4.4. They are, however, floor standards, and are more 'audiophile' in characteristics, something you may not like if you loved Linton sound. The boominess would get tamed but earlier mentioned issues with soundstage, imaging etc. might persist.

Tangential options could be to explore those speakers which thrive closer to the wall or are meant for near field listening. The former is an expensive proposition and the latter might not be suited for general living room listening, so forget you ever read this last part!

All the best, and do let us all know what you finally buy and your observations of the same.
Thanks for your valuable suggestions. I will be taking some time ..... I already have a 5.0 setup ... and am not in a hurry .... :)
I am also thinking of Bookshelve + Subwoofer combination ... instead of a Tower .... lets see which one I finally land-up with ......

In my 24’x18’ living room, the speakers are a little over 2’ from the front wall and well away from the sides. The room is open to a dining area on one side, a balcony on another, and a staircase on a third. Despite the open spaces, the bass output is still quite prodigious.
If you’re planning close to wall placement, you may want to experiment with plugging the speaker ports.

View attachment 64569
Excellent ambience .... very inviting .... specially I like that there is no TV between the speakers :)

In my 24’x18’ living room, the speakers are a little over 2’ from the front wall and well away from the sides. The room is open to a dining area on one side, a balcony on another, and a staircase on a third. Despite the open spaces, the bass output is still quite prodigious.
If you’re planning close to wall placement, you may want to experiment with plugging the speaker ports.

View attachment 64569
Beautiful listening room! Thank you for sharing!

View attachment 64569
Beautiful set up! Every audiophiles dream to have the space to oneself on these lines. :)

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back