Any idea when the Onkyo 2021 AV Receivers will be available in India?

smileysil

Hey guys. Does anyone have any idea about Onkyo India's normal launch schedule? I'm wondering when the 2021 model AV receivers will be available here specifically the Onkyo TX-RZ50 (which has multiple HDMI 2.1 inputs and Dirac Live)? What's the general lag between global and India launches? A few months? The receiver now seems to be available in the U.S and EU.

I'm also interested in this particular model. Till now I do not see it being officially available in India.

Last I heard they are coming, but with limited models and quantities. But might be priced absurdly.

Unfortunately absurd pricing is pretty common for almost anything half decent in India even though there are no local alternatives.

Because there is very limited competition w.r.t HDMI 2.1 support (most are buggy), I believe prices will be exorbitant. Hoping for newer models from other brands soon.

I cant find my post which was on another thread..here are the prices which i got from one of my dealer friend.

TX-SR-393: 51,800/-
TX-SR-494: 62,800/-
TX-NR-696: 94,800/-
TX-NR-6100: 104,800/-
TX-NR-7100: 134,800/-
TX-RZ-50: 159,800/-

Shipping / Delivery at actuals, should be free for Mumbai. He will make 5% off, possibly with good negotiation skills, you can work out a suitable deal.

His name Mr Dinesh

Mobile :99678 01529
[email protected]
www.neelamavi.co.in

He was taking pre orders in March 2022 for delivery after 15 days on orders placed, please check timelines with him.

DISCLAIMER: I am only providing pointers here, I am not getting any commission or special rates for me. I am merely helping some of our FMs who are hunting for AVRs to get something which meets their expectation and budget. It is upto you how you negotiate a deal and close out. You are welcome to give my reference as "Eddie"

All the best!

Last edited:
@efernand1 thanks for posting this, but my friend is in need for a 7.2 AVR but the prices are so high that I have asked him to wait.
Does Mr Dinesh deal with other brands too or only Onkyo ?

@efernand1 thanks for posting this, but my friend is in need for a 7.2 AVR but the prices are so high that I have asked him to wait.
Does Mr Dinesh deal with other brands too or only Onkyo ?

At the moment Onkyo and Yamaha...rest other brands like Denon or Marantz stock supply issues and prices are very high.

If your friend is ok with pre owned, a couple of options I seen over OLX of Marantz SR7008 and SR7007 and even a SR8012 besides these older models are listed many.

My personal opinion is pre owned works better for now till the high spiked prices stabilizes. This can be used for now and then later a new one can be purchased.

At the moment Onkyo and Yamaha...rest other brands like Denon or Marantz stock supply issues and prices are very high.

If your friend is ok with pre owned, a couple of options I seen over OLX of Marantz SR7008 and SR7007 and even a SR8012 besides these older models are listed many.

My personal opinion is pre owned works better for now till the high spiked prices stabilizes. This can be used for now and then later a new one can be purchased.

Thanks, I will give Mr. Dinesh a call

I had seen those options but he needs Atmos and all those lack in the models. I agree going pre owned is a way to go, but he is scared about servicing and if the AVR goes Kaput next day.

Worst time to be a HT guy to be honest.

Thanks, I will give Mr. Dinesh a call

I had seen those options but he needs Atmos and all those lack in the models. I agree going pre owned is a way to go, but he is scared about servicing and if the AVR goes Kaput next day.

Worst time to be a HT guy to be honest.
Could not agree more, I was supposed to get a SR6012 last year from a friend and he changed his mind, my bad luck was keeping blind faith I sold my SR6010 and then was stuck without an AVR for sometime. Somehow managed to get a SR5012 from a friend who has headed back on cruise line which was just a year old. I am still longing for a SR60xx series but prices are too high so will manage with the SR5012 for a while till i get a 60xx series back in my life then sell the 5012 later...this obviously will take more time.

I am in usa at present and onkyp price is about 1300 usd, but it is out of stock, so which is equivalent avr to buy, it should have preouts

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back