Any ideas for locks for steel doors?

Chulbulee

Planning to install iron door at entrance. Problem is, lock makers make for wooden doors. One needs to weld on steel doors and then the warranty is void. Not looking for auto-locking types as accidentally, it may shut us out (happened many times earlier, finally we made a 4x4 hole and use it for 3 decades :) ) Any ideas what to do?

I think Tata pravesh make steel doors that you can use. They come and fit your door frame and door as one unit. Comes with lock fitted. Expensive.

Why does a lock need to be welded? :oops:

I've never heard of any lock made for a particular material of door.
If you get a steel door fabricated as a safety door then there are weldable locks available. Have welded 2 locks in the past on my office doors. The welders seem to prefer them.

Expensive.
Thats the problem.

We got their almirahs a few years ago, the sheet paint/coating is too weak ... gets scratched easily, then you can do nothing. Moreover, their inbuilt locks (by hearsay) are not that good! Moreover, for just one door, they do not respond.

If you get a steel door fabricated as a safety door then there are weldable locks available. Have welded 2 locks in the past on my office doors. The welders seem to prefer them.
They bring along 6 inch keys, which don't fit everyone's pocket and is inconvenient carrying them.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back