Any one running a 45' HDMI cable and still getting 1080p 3D ?

john_k_antony

Friends,

I just wanted to know if any one here is successful in getting a 1080p and 3D with an HDMI cable that is 45' or longer. I recently talked with Blue Jeans cable guys for a 45' cable High Speed HDMI cable and they very confidently said that no HDMI cable in the world can give you 3D and 1080p if the HDMI cable is more than 25'. I think this is true. When I checked the fine print on some of the insanely expensive HDMI cables, they say that the high speed transfer is guaranteed only for 25' cable and normal speed is guaranteed for 45' max.

You need high speed (Category 2) for 1080p and also 3D. Normal speed (Category 1) can only do 720p/1080i and no 3D. These cable guys say anything beyond 45', you are guaranteed only 480p picture quality.

Now I have a question to all of you guys who have hooked up a projector in a big dedicated HT room where you would have used HDMI cables that are 45' or more longer. What is the trick you are doing to get 1080p and 3D with your setup? Are you guys using 2x25' cables with some kind of booster in between?

Any help or information on this will be highly appreciated.

I just came across this cable. They are active cables and guarantee lossless 1080p signal transfer to 15m / 50' - 50ft Active HDMI Cable | 15m High Speed HDMI Cable | StarTech.com Global

Thanks,
John.

Friends,

I just wanted to know if any one here is successful in getting a 1080p and 3D with an HDMI cable that is 45' or longer. I recently talked with Blue Jeans cable guys for a 45' cable High Speed HDMI cable and they very confidently said that no HDMI cable in the world can give you 3D and 1080p if the HDMI cable is more than 25'. I think this is true. When I checked the fine print on some of the insanely expensive HDMI cables, they say that the high speed transfer is guaranteed only for 25' cable and normal speed is guaranteed for 45' max.

You need high speed (Category 2) for 1080p and also 3D. Normal speed (Category 1) can only do 720p/1080i and no 3D. These cable guys say anything beyond 45', you are guaranteed only 480p picture quality.

Now I have a question to all of you guys who have hooked up a projector in a big dedicated HT room where you would have used HDMI cables that are 45' or more longer. What is the trick you are doing to get 1080p and 3D with your setup? Are you guys using 2x25' cables with some kind of booster in between?

Any help or information on this will be highly appreciated.

I just came across this cable. They are active cables and guarantee lossless 1080p signal transfer to 15m / 50' - 50ft Active HDMI Cable | 15m High Speed HDMI Cable | StarTech.com Global

Thanks,
John.
The blue jeans guy is bullshitting you. I run a 35 feet HDMI cable that supports full HD and 3D. It cost me Rs. 2700 shipped to my doorstep thru ishopinternational. This is the item:
Amazon.com: Aurum Ultra Series High Speed HDMI Cable (35 feet) - CL3 Rated for In-wall Installation - Supports 3D, Ethernet and Audio Return [Newest Version] - 35 feet: Electronics

The blue jeans guy is bullshitting you. I run a 35 feet HDMI cable that supports full HD and 3D. It cost me Rs. 2700 shipped to my doorstep thru ishopinternational. This is the item:
Amazon.com: Aurum Ultra Series High Speed HDMI Cable (35 feet) - CL3 Rated for In-wall Installation - Supports 3D, Ethernet and Audio Return [Newest Version] - 35 feet: Electronics

What the blue jeans guy told me is that their cables will also work for 1080p 3D for long runs. But the certification is only for 25' for High Speed - Category 2 and 45' for Standard Speed - Category 1. He also said that many of their customers are getting good results with their long cables. But he said they wont guarantee High speed HDMI for more than 25'. I also heard that the source and receiver units also plays a role in getting 1080p and 3D over long runs of HDMI.

To be on the safer side, I am planning to get the active HDMI cable from Monoprice where they certify that it can do 1080p and 3D till 80' :).

-John.

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back