Any SOTM usb streamer owners?

vinothkumar

Hello Friends,

Happened to know about SOTM usb transport (neo), priced a bit over digione siganture plus allo shanti combo. Just wanted to know any owners here or not. If so, could you please let me know some feedback and how good it sounds? If there is any comparison made with similarly priced transports?

Thanks,
Vinod

Hello Friends,

Happened to know about SOTM usb transport (neo), priced a bit over digione siganture plus allo shanti combo. Just wanted to know any owners here or not. If so, could you please let me know some feedback and how good it sounds? If there is any comparison made with similarly priced transports?

Thanks,
Vinod

Having extensively used the both Raspberry Pi based streamer setup and the SOtM sMS-200 Neo, the SOtM is definitely a couple of notches above in transparency and overall staging.

FM sidvee, etc

FM eastofthesun

Me too ,am using sotm 200 ultra with matching psu n their cat7cable with their switch am using a dac that is suppose to not make a difference but it still make a difference blindly buy with good cables it makes difference obvious.

Thanks a lot Gunbir, Naturelover and Audiohunt. Good to know some responses and FMs own SOTM products.

Where does the sotm 200 neo stand against the popular allo digione signature with shanti LPSU? (just considered the cost of both the item since they almost fall in similar price range). I couldnt see a day and night difference or atleast easily noticeable difference with my macbook pro and allo digione signature. Demo is obviously not possible for SOTM and Im pretty sure i will not blind buy it as i have made a lot of mistakes before. i havent seen any improvements with the allo over my macbook with foobar2000. So asking the owners about it. 99% of the time i will play songs from hdd only, rarely online streaming. Will the sotm (only the neo 200 streamer) better the other two? If so what would be them.

Some lights on this would be so helpful.

Hello Friends,

Thanks,
Vinod
Brilliant is a one word description for Sotm tho i have sms 200 ultra and not the neo.i used to have a musical fidelity M1 clic before the sotm set up. Havent heard didgione & allo so cant comment on the same.
cheers!
Anand Iyer

Brilliant is a one word description for Sotm tho i have sms 200 ultra and not the neo.i used to have a musical fidelity M1 clic before the sotm set up. Havent heard didgione & allo so cant comment on the same.
cheers!
Anand Iyer

Thank you eastofthesun. Would you be able to tell me what are all the improvements you have got after upgrading to SOTM? What I can expect from SOTM transport pure from physical playback (not streamings like Tidal)?

I see only a USB out of this device and nothing else. I have never liked usb on any of my DACs over coaxial, AES or even optical. So is this a super clean, jitter free, relocked USB that is as good as the coaxial out of a Digione Signature?

Thank you eastofthesun. Would you be able to tell me what are all the improvements you have got after upgrading to SOTM? What I can expect from SOTM transport pure from physical playback (not streamings like Tidal)?
Hi Vinoth ,I dont have a vast experience of listening to music over various pieces of equipment but what ever little i have owned and heard i find it come decently close to analogue. Also my reference point is my analogue system which is not very high end. Also my source for SOtM my SSD in the roon nucleus and all my data is in AIFF or WAV format only . So once again i wont be able to comment on other formats or streaming services. At some point i might add a SOtM TX USB ultra to see what difference it makes.
Cheers!
Anand Iyer

Hi,
Sotm SMS 200 user here.The sound is good with less digital glare I think.But is it that much of an improvement over my windows laptop or Macmini, I don't think so.The good thing is that it can operate independently without a PC.I use LMS to play files from my hard disk and Tidal controlling it from my phone. Not happy with the network integration as drop outs are a usual affair .
But I have tried it temporarily with Roon and found it to be a totally different machine.The sound was much better and Integration with Library and Tidal was really good.Hope this helps.

I see only a USB out of this device and nothing else. I have never liked usb on any of my DACs over coaxial, AES or even optical. So is this a super clean, jitter free, relocked USB that is as good as the coaxial out of a Digione Signature?

With my setup, there is not much noticeable difference between the coaxial and USB output from the transporters. The DAC handles them well, I could see only a slightly less noise floor on the coaxial (Not so obvious though, to my ears).

Hi Vinoth ,I dont have a vast experience of listening to music over various pieces of equipment but what ever little i have owned and heard i find it come decently close to analogue. Also my reference point is my analogue system which is not very high end. Also my source for SOtM my SSD in the roon nucleus and all my data is in AIFF or WAV format only . So once again i wont be able to comment on other formats or streaming services. At some point i might add a SOtM TX USB ultra to see what difference it makes.
Cheers!
Anand Iyer
Thanks a lot for sharing your views eastofthesun.

Hi,
Sotm SMS 200 user here.The sound is good with less digital glare I think.
But is it that much of an improvement over my windows laptop or Macmini, I don't think so
This is the answer that I expected from the owners that the difference between PC and SOTM playback. Just to know whether it is worth the investment on the 200 NEO (WIthout the other components for sure) or not, compared to the macbook (with foobar2000). If there is no obvious improvement without their reclocker and power supply then I can better wait or look for something else. Thanks a lot Shinto for sharing your thoughts and experiences.

.The good thing is that it can operate independently without a PC.I use LMS to play files from my hard disk and Tidal controlling it from my phone. Not happy with the network integration as drop outs are a usual affair .
But I have tried it temporarily with Roon and found it to be a totally different machine.The sound was much better and Integration with Library and Tidal was really good.Hope this helps.
Not a big fan of online streamings so no issues for me in this regard.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back