any source for wood working a speaker baffle

GeorgeO

Folks

I need a pair of speaker baffles in solid timber to be cut for an MTM speaker project. The piece of timber will be about 10 inches wide and just under 2 feet high. I will get the cut marked out clearly and take it to the wood working unit for the cutting to be done neatly.

The midwoofers are about 180mm dia and the tweeters around 100mm, with the mounting depth about 3mm for the mid and 9.5 mm for the tweter( the tweeter has a custom speaker baffle plate that is much thicker than the standard SS baffle plate.

Thanks for any assistance.

P.S. The speaker enclosures are ready but the carpenter botched up the timber baffles by cutting them manually and I am not hunting for some wood which I should get in the course of the next day or two.

There are a few shops in laxmipuram on cmh road. they have tons of big powered equipment for woodworking, maybe one of those can do it for u.

It can be very easily done with a router using a straight bit. The endico router kits comes with a jig for cutting circle.

Found a source with imported CNC woodworking routers, will give feedback after I get my work done at his shop.

George,

Even a simple router (non CNC) can do a good job. I am working on a few speakers (one them is linked below) all done with a simple router.

Best sealed enclosure for completely supressing back wave - Page 15 - diyAudio

Found a source with imported CNC woodworking routers, will give feedback after I get my work done at his shop.

I"ll be waiting for you feedback George sir...need someone who can cut super-accurately for my Sachiko dreams...

My carpenter told me of a CNC source on Hosur Road near Electronics City...around the BMW showroom area...planned to check him out one of these days...

Navin, WOW!!! Where are you getting these made? What is that red paint/layer on that wood? How much are you being charged for the wood work?

The red is not paint but a combination of the MDf colour, camere flash and ambient lighting.

I have no idea what the carpentry charges will be as my carpenter charges per day and we dont know when he will finish. He is building a wardrobe for my son and is doing the speakers alongside.

As the diyaudio post reads there are a total of 11 speakers planned. 2 pairs of floor standing speakers, 1 center channel, and 6 rear wall mounted rear speakers (2 different designs). The wall mounted speakers will be devoid of baffle step compensation so will not be usebale as monitors.

If you need to know more just ask. I can talk about the drivers or cabinet construction but cannot divluge the cabinet volume or tuning and crossover details (as that is not wholly my intellectual property).

My guy did it but was not accurate and cost me a bomb, so I am thinking of re doing one-one baffle looks ok.Sudhish: Thanks will revert when I m ready.

Back