Any suggestion: I am planning to buy a power conditioner plus stabilizer from Audire

Re: Any suggestion: I am planning to buy a power conditioner plus stabilizer from Aud

Purely for my understanding - is there a scientific explanation for this? (the underlined part)

I believe physical vibrations affect the transformer that is outputting the sinewaves - they suffer. Perhaps Sandeep, Venkat or other more knowledgeable members can clarify

Cheers

Re: Any suggestion: I am planning to buy a power conditioner plus stabilizer from Aud

I am interested in the ZEPHYR as well. I, Unfortunately cannot access the web site - does not load completely:sad:
Cheers
Sid

Hi,

Just send a mail or call them from the contact details available at their site. They will promptly reply.

rgds,
Venu

The whole thread was very technical. I am very much confused now which one should we buy for HT setup? Servo or CVT? Please help !!!.

Regards,

Santosh

The whole thread was very technical. I am very much confused now which one should we buy for HT setup? Servo or CVT? Please help !!!.

Regards,

Santosh

If you can afford buy a sufficiently rated online ups (a double conversion online ups is the best form of powerconversion),otherwise buy a digital stabiliser which has good voltage regulation.(ordinary stabilisers output varies as high as 40-50v )

If you can afford buy a sufficiently rated online ups (a double conversion online ups is the best form of powerconversion),otherwise buy a digital stabiliser which has good voltage regulation.(ordinary stabilisers output varies as high as 40-50v )

What I read is that almost all consumer UPSes look good when testing output without any gear connected, but induce a lot of unwanted harmonics into the output signal during actual use. I do not know if this assessment is technically accurate, just a heads up.

Regards

Hi Gurus,

I am really fed up by the quality of power where I stay. It degrades the performance and life of my audio equipment bought from hard earned money. After looking, searching & discussing with some people, I have almost decided to go for ZEPHYR HALCYON POWER CONDITIONER AND SERVO (2 kva) from Audire. Any further suggestion or other options from anybody experienced?

rgds,
Venu

Hi Venu,

I recently purchased Krell power/pre amps and had the same problem wrt power supply. Spoke to someone in technical at Krell and based on his advice, I finally purchased a simple Servo stabiliser. It does the job well and is also a cost effective solution. (My amp is rated 3KVA and I use a 5KVA servo stabiliser). I tested CVTs and also a 20KVA online UPS but it would cut off on powering up the power amp. However, while less than the others, the servo motor also does make a little noise when it regulates voltage which may be distracting, so would help to keep it away from the listening area.

With regard to the power conditioner.... I tested some of them but they did not make any difference to the sound quality. The Krell technician also recommended that I stay away from power conditioners, inspite of knowing the India power supply story. You may want to invest in a Spike Buster of some sort though. Best I can advise is to listen for yourself.

Cheers!

Santhosh, if you read the thread carefully, your question has already been answered.

Cheers

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back