Any views on Sonodyne Speakers?

paparaku

Hi Friends,
I am new to the forum. Before registering myself, I had been going through the posts at this forum for about a month. I must say that I am impressed by the wealth of knowledge that is being shared. Good work. Please keep it up.
As for me, I am thinking of buying a Sonodyne HTS. I am looking at their Genie 1 system consisting of 5 Genie 1 speakers with Roarr 108 sub woofer. The cost is likely to be around Rs 30,000/=. Their Genie 2 system with Genie 2 speakers and Roarr 2815 sub woofer is aroungd 46,500/=. I also read a review which said that the Sonodyne speakers are as good as that are three times their price. My wife is keen on watching TV and I am more interested in music. So a system that we would like to purchase has to be 50:50 for both. We recently purchased a Sony V series 40" LCD. At present we are at Allahabad but soon would move to Bangalore. At Bangalore, the room size is going to be about 250 Sq ft. Any views on Sonodyne?

Hi Friends,
I am new to the forum. Before registering myself, I had been going through the posts at this forum for about a month. I must say that I am impressed by the wealth of knowledge that is being shared. Good work. Please keep it up.
As for me, I am thinking of buying a Sonodyne HTS. I am looking at their Genie 1 system consisting of 5 Genie 1 speakers with Roarr 108 sub woofer. The cost is likely to be around Rs 30,000/=. Their Genie 2 system with Genie 2 speakers and Roarr 2815 sub woofer is aroungd 46,500/=. I also read a review which said that the Sonodyne speakers are as good as that are three times their price. My wife is keen on watching TV and I am more interested in music. So a system that we would like to purchase has to be 50:50 for both. We recently purchased a Sony V series 40" LCD. At present we are at Allahabad but soon would move to Bangalore. At Bangalore, the room size is going to be about 250 Sq ft. Any views on Sonodyne?

I have a 30 year old sonodyne amp . 100watt RMS , two huge & heavy speakers and the sound just blows you away. The bass is deep and tight and the highs are bright. If you have a good source like a decent cd player ( I had mine connected to my HTPC earlier) then sonodyne is the way to go !

By the way my sono still works :D !!

I use sonodyne 2605v1 and 2815 as in my 2.1 setup. Works pretty well for me.
When I was auditioning around a yr back, the Genie did not impress me much.
Based on your budget, I suggest you listen to some other systems too and then make a decision.
And since you are moving to Bangalore, you will have a bigger range to choose from compared to Allahabad.

~dichkaun

Hi Friends,

And since you are moving to Bangalore, you will have a bigger range to choose from compared to Allahabad.

I am not an expert in this matter, however, I do agree to what dichkaun suggested. Wait untill you move to bangalore. A lot of options will be available here apart from sonodyne. If nothing else pleases you, Bangalore does have a sonodyne showroom in kormangala (forum mall).
Cheers

Hello ! :cool:
I don't want to sound like a Sonodyne salesman but I have been using a Sonodyne amp with speakers as my '2nd Room' setup for over 8 years. They are WONDERFUL. Their sound quality is better than many of the similarly priced 'Imported' kits available.
Incidentally, they source their critical components from some the best suppliers in the world.

The best way to buy speakers is to take your own cd's and listen to music that you are familiar with.
If possible, ask the store to arrange a demo at your house where the speakers will finally be set-up. All speakers, no matter what the price sound different in different settings and rooms.

Cheers !

Lalit

Hi,

I have been using the Genie speakers as surround spearker for last couple of years and they are pretty good /serve the purpose of surround.
Can't comment their other ones.

Hello ! :cool:
I don't want to sound like a Sonodyne salesman but I have been using a Sonodyne amp with speakers as my '2nd Room' setup for over 8 years. They are WONDERFUL. Their sound quality is better than many of the similarly priced 'Imported' kits available.
Incidentally, they source their critical components from some the best suppliers in the world.

The best way to buy speakers is to take your own cd's and listen to music that you are familiar with.
If possible, ask the store to arrange a demo at your house where the speakers will finally be set-up. All speakers, no matter what the price sound different in different settings and rooms.

Cheers !

I agree 200%.. ! I have been using Sonodyne 1080 for over 17 years !! The tape deck is no longer working. I did have to do some mending as one channel wasn't working. Yet, I use this amp connected to my PC now and it still plays fabulous !! The speaker are great too and drive at low power as well. You could checkout their new models !! they would b as good or maybe even better (feature wise!)

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back