Anyone bought Vu cinema action TV (55LX or 65LX)

TechGeek

Hi Guys,
Hope everyone is doing safe !

This is my first post on HiFiVision. Excited to see many experts here.

I want to purchase one 55" 4k TV under 50K budget, I had finalized Toshiba U7980 because of FALD. Now as it is not in stock, I am confused between Toshiba U5050 and the new Vu cinema action (55LX) which is getting good reviews on Youtube.

Anyone has purchased 55LX and can help me make a decision ? Is Vu justifying 10k more price by including sound bar? How is the picture quality and after sales services from both companies ?

Thanks

This is the same TV as VU action TV only cheaper and not rebranded and i don't have much idea about the Toshiba u5050 compared to the other option but if sound is priority can go for the tornado, picture quality wise even if there was any difference it would be minimal

Youtube says its practically same as hisense tornado, with 65 inch being overpriced by 5-10k and exclusive to Vu.

Youtube says its practically same as hisense tornado, with 65 inch being overpriced by 5-10k and exclusive to Vu.
Thanks, but Techiebeez review in youtube says its different and better than all other competitors. Don't know in what sense.

She like most "desi youtube panel experts" is paid by Vu and is clearly biased, good to listen to but bases herself off the factsheets or specs alone. Check Vineet Malhotra's feed and he will be like both are same. Since Vu gets panels from hisense itself and in both cases its a budget panel its not recommended. 50k for a mediocre panel is too much, and tbh i'd prefer getting the frame at 73k than this. Or else wait for 7980 to come back given all its glory here.
Might be mistaken but RD app didnt say out of stock yday.

She like most "desi youtube panel experts" is paid by Vu and is clearly biased, good to listen to but bases herself off the factsheets or specs alone. Check Vineet Malhotra's feed and he will be like both are same. Since Vu gets panels from hisense itself and in both cases its a budget panel its not recommended. 50k for a mediocre panel is too much, and tbh i'd prefer getting the frame at 73k than this. Or else wait for 7980 to come back given all its glory here.
Absolutely agree! There's not a single Indian TV reviewer who does remotely the level of testing as ratings or HDTVtest or has any know-how of how TVs work. 'Mast dikh raha hai HDR' is their level of competency.

According to them, Mi QLED TV has absolutely changed the game in India. Add to that the paid reviewers and the state is shockingly bad.

How are HiSense TVs in general? I am looking to get the 43" FHD one. they claim to give 3 years warranty. Worth buying?

Thanks.. I saw Vineet's review on Vu cinema action and he is certain that its a rebranded Hisense Tornado. I went to local Reliance digital store here in Bangalore and there was no news on when the stock will be back for U7980. So I came back and ordered Hisense Tornado for 43.5K on Amazon.

Will review it (with my limited technical knowledge) when it arrives in next week. !!

How are HiSense TVs in general? I am looking to get the 43" FHD one. they claim to give 3 years warranty. Worth buying?

I will review my Hisense Tornado when it arrives next week and post here. BTW I got 3 year warranty at no extra cost which is VFM.

TV buying in India is very difficult, I am going through the phase. There is simply not enough information and good review. For mobile or digital cameras, we can refer to the international reviews. But TV is a black hole, difficult to correlate with international models. Panasonic even use different panels for same mode no. And less we talk about Indian YouTube channels, better it is. I am going by this forum only and waiting for Toshiba U7980 to come back to stock. But not sure how much can the wait be prolonged.

Absolutely agree! There's not a single Indian TV reviewer who does remotely the level of testing as ratings or HDTVtest or has any know-how of how TVs work. 'Mast dikh raha hai HDR' is their level of competency.

According to them, Mi QLED TV has absolutely changed the game in India. Add to that the paid reviewers and the state is shockingly bad.
Maybe its time the Forum Users group here got together and started doing Community Reviews.
I am sure using templates of the best US/ UK Reviewers as a Base it could be possible to create a HOW TO & Template Sheet & Guide that people can follow and together put together some YouTube reviews with an Excel or CSV with the Tech specs of the TV.

Its all here on the forums anyways - Why not Crowd Source the data/ content and put it up.
Yes production value may not be great at start but atleast the reviewing method will be BETTER and maybe push others to follow suit.

Push this Indian TV Review Market to Level up.

Back