Anyone heard of DJ Shawnic, in Mumbai

gourav

There's this person on OLX selling a 5.1 speaker package. He says it's custom made by dJ Shawnic and quality is equivalent to Bose speakers. But I can't find this person on Google. Anyone heard of him? Should I even bother auditioning this used set for 30k, given I can get a brand new Mission M-cube+SE for the same price.

You can also audition Telome speakers in Bandra West, Hill road before buying any brand. They look like Bose cubes and sound quite good for the size and price.
There is a review on them by fm efernand1

Review of Telome Pro Audio Cubes (Nano Cubes) Bose Competitor​

in this forum and you can check it out.

Last edited:
Yes, I enquired at Telome. Unfortunately it's outside my budget. Their cheapest model is 53k and I'm not able to spend that much right now.

Edit: They just responded saying their cheapest model is 41k. I might audition this.

Last edited:
Yes, I enquired at Telome. Unfortunately it's outside my budget. Their cheapest model is 53k and I'm not able to spend that much right now.

Edit: They just responded saying their cheapest model is 41k. I might audition this.
Ok Gourav, fair enough. You can also see in the classifieds section of Hifivision if anyone is selling speakers in the budget or mission cubes may be good too. Sometimes you get a good deal on pre-owned stuff here.

There's this person on OLX selling a 5.1 speaker package. He says it's custom made by dJ Shawnic and quality is equivalent to Bose speakers. But I can't find this person on Google. Anyone heard of him? Should I even bother auditioning this used set for 30k, given I can get a brand new Mission M-cube+SE for the same price.
Hi Gourav, this is all I could find about Shawnic.

Yes, I saw that too. Looks very old.

Anyway, I'll avoid since there's no way for me to check the inner build quality of the product, even if I can audition it.

You can try Mission LX series as it may fit in your budget without a sub. It may sound better than small cubes and could be available here at Hifimart. You could request Mr. Anil for a demo at Colaba.
Another brand to look at is PSB speakers at Lakozy, Charni road which will also give you a bang for the buck. PSB also may be available at Hifimart so you could demo both the brand's at Mr Anil's showroom.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back