Anyone heard the Rega Apollo

Mohan

I wondering if anyone has heard the new Rega Apollo in India?

I plan to travel overseas soon and intend to check it out. Also can someone suggest or recommend a CD player in the INR 50K range?

Thanks.

Rega Apollo is not available in India as yet. However I heard it during one of my recent overseas trip. Sounded very good indeed with a tight and controlled bottom, mid-range is natural with good depth and image. Highs seemed a liitle bright for my taste. However when I heard this CDP with the Rega Mira 3 it sounded a whole lot better.

If you plan to travel overseas you should get this CDP for around $850-950.

I am in the market for a CD player and would like to audition a Rega Apollo if possible. Any idea where (I am based in Mumbai)?

Regards,
Persiflage

I have heard the Apollo and it is first rate. Probably the best CD player under $1K. I currently have a Rotel RCD1072 which is a highly regarded budget player, and the Apollo betters it by quite a bit. I auditioned the Apollo alongwith the Naim CD5i ($1800) and there was very little to mchoose between them, the Apollo is that good.

Thanks for the review link. I would still like to audition it first-hand, does anyone know where in Mumbai/India one can do so? Also, is it 'officially' sold in India, would like to be able to take care of warranty issues.

Persiflage

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back