Anyone Purchased Sony lcd grey market mumbai? from these locations?

falcon007

I stay in mumbai and im planning to buy one of these lcd. as my budget is only R.s 40000 i will have to purchase it from the grey market.

40bx400 - R.s 34000

40ex400 - 38000

I have visited 2 shops in mumbai

1 lamington road

2 mohammad ali road (crawford market)

I am really confused if i sould purchase it from 1 of these shops. the 1 at mohammad ali road looks more reliable then the other. Does anyone have any experience of purchasing grey lcds from MUMBAI.?? please advice

I stay in mumbai and im planning to buy one of these lcd. as my budget is only R.s 40000 i will have to purchase it from the grey market.

40bx400 - R.s 34000

40ex400 - 38000

I have visited 2 shops in mumbai

1 lamington road

2 mohammad ali road (crawford market)

I am really confused if i sould purchase it from 1 of these shops. the 1 at mohammad ali road looks more reliable then the other. Does anyone have any experience of purchasing grey lcds from MUMBAI.?? please advice

yep a fren of mine did buy it 2-3 yrs ago from grey mkt...i dnt hav the details for dealer though...

he got an 40 lcd for 75k when mkt price was 91k... the system is working fine except that its hdmi died in 18 or so months...for which he has been asked to change the circuit for 15-20k...

A chain of shops called Alfa is considered to be good.They are in Vile Parle. Better go to them on week days as they are over crowded on weekends.

A chain of shops called Alfa is considered to be good.They are in Vile Parle. Better go to them on week days as they are over crowded on weekends.

Chain of shops? Where are "other " shops ( There is only ONE shop selling TVs in alfa)

BTW alfa keeps GREY Lcd/Plasmas? Are you shure? As he has Yamaha and Some TVS with bill n warentee ...so recheck the info.

Chain of shops? Where are "other " shops ( There is only ONE shop selling TVs in alfa)

BTW alfa keeps GREY Lcd/Plasmas? Are you shure? As he has Yamaha and Some TVS with bill n warentee ...so recheck the info.

I said "A chain of shops called Alfa", i did not say all shops at Alfa sell tvs.

Here is an older post about Alfa selling LCD. Where is the Mumbai Grey Market

Alfa sells everything. They will even sell their mother in grey market if there is a demand.

I have seen them offering bikes in grey market (how the hell will they register it i dont know).

yup i know alpha... it is far away from my house (south mumbai) i dont know if their grey market lcd prices will be able to match lamington road or mohammad ali road (crawford market). the problem is they dont give prices on the phone either. I have been told by few people to check out alpha. i will see i might go and inquire.

I'm getting the Sony LED LCD 40" EX 710 for Rs.44,000/- (Grey Market)

hey can you tell me where you are buying it from? R.s 44000 seems a little too low for tht model in the grey market considering the 40EX400 is for 38000 - 40000. please let me know where you are planning to buy it from.

@ fran_elite

Thats a very good price.. are you getting it in Gray at that price from Alfa or some other place?

Irla to be exact!! Decent pricing (maybe not the best), no haggling and genuine products!! You don't really feel cheated that you could have negotiated more.

I dont think u can call it grey market...i have my lh90 ppurchased from there...with bill and warranty...was not given the option of going without bill...

Hi Naren , Canduu

I'm getting the Sony EX 710 - 40" from my dealer from whom I buy my Yamaha Piano keyboards.

@ 44,000/- the offer is very tempting:licklips:

I am waiting for the EX 720 pricing.Will keep U all updated.

Regards,

FRANCIS

Thanks for the info Francis. Inexplicably SONY have put out a "new" model which has a lower motion flow and refresh rate than the 710s; and hiding the fact with a new tech jargon "X-Reality".

Sorry friends the EX 710 40" is out of stock:sad:

Right now the Sony EX 520 40" is available for Rs.46,000/-

So the seller played with you, how can he give you EX710 for 44k considering he sells ex520 for 46k, just impossible.

Hi Naren , Canduu

I'm getting the Sony EX 710 - 40" from my dealer from whom I buy my Yamaha Piano keyboards.

@ 44,000/- the offer is very tempting:licklips:

I am waiting for the EX 720 pricing.Will keep U all updated.

Regards,

FRANCIS

Complete TV EX 710 for 44k :eek: impossible , Check if the TV is a returned / refurbished .

Thanks for the info Francis. Inexplicably SONY have put out a "new" model which has a lower motion flow and refresh rate than the 710s; and hiding the fact with a new tech jargon "X-Reality".

The EX520 doesn't have motionflow,its the replacing the EX600.
If you want motion flow you have to wait for EX720 which is also 3d capable.

Or the NX720 for 2011 the high end monilithic design now have Gorilla Glass and "OptiContrast panel" which has an antiglare coating on the glass front and an anti-glare coating between the panel and the glass front.

Where as the Sony "DeepBlack panel" found in the HX800 only has antiglare coating on the front of the glass.

The 2011 motion flow start with Motionflow XR200 which i believe is motionflow 100hz +backlight scanning.

I said "A chain of shops called Alfa", i did not say all shops at Alfa sell tvs.

Here is an older post about Alfa selling LCD. Where is the Mumbai Grey Market

2008 Posting it is 2011 ,as I understand?

have you vetted the info as day by day Alfa is moving from it's grey roots. Some items like Yamaha AVR are with bill n warentee only. In cellphones to very very few model available in grey.
While I bought my Enloop Charger+ Batteries combo ,counter person in alfa insisted to take Printed Bill as it was covered with warentee .it was nice surprise,

I got may Pio 610 ( grey) and 3-4 cellphones ( with bill n warentee) from Alfa. Not counting my regular supply of Deos ,Perfumes ,food stuff and Premium pens. So have adecent expereince of alfa.( Tip - those having babies / newborn Alfa prices of dipers ,baby wipes and baby toiletaries is too good.:))

So if you have not bought LCD from Alfa in grey ,please re confirm the facts.Let me see when my next visit is due .
( I know there are other regulars ,Yogesh and Jayraj ,please can you confirm the facts?

The price for the EX 710 ( 44K ) was for that day.After 2 days that model was not available.

Yesterday the same dealer quoted 46K for the 40" EX 520.

I buy from him brand new Yamaha keyboards & there is a difference of Rs 15K & more if bought from Authorised Yamaha dealer.

I am still using the keyboard bought from him in 2001.So far so good:)

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back