Anyone using Belkin Interconnects?

thekinge

Hi all,

I am looking for decent quality interconnects to connect my CD player & subwoofer. Came across these two interconnects from Belkin:

1. Belkin AV 2.4m RCA cable: Belkin Audio Cable RCA 2.4m AV RCA Audio Cable: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo
2. Belkin AV - Subwoofer cable - RCA (M) - 4.6 m - double shielded: Belkin AV - Subwoofer cable - RCA - RCA - 4.6 m: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

The cables look well made but I do not know how good they are in real world. Does anyone here use the Belkin PureAV Silver interconnects? Would you recommend these interconnects?

FYI I tried Blue Jeans Cable where a 1 meter LC1 RCA interconnect is priced at almost 24 GBP!!

i am waiting for some of our senior members to reply on this.... i am looking for inter connectors as well.... CD player to AVR... is RCA this best option...

Any good one in the price range of Rs 1000 to 2000?

i am waiting for some of our senior members to reply on this.... i am looking for inter connectors as well.... CD player to AVR... is RCA this best option...

What interconnects are you planning to buy? Is 2000 the budget for all interconnects or only one?

Hi all,

I am looking for decent quality interconnects to connect my CD player & subwoofer. Came across these two interconnects from Belkin:

1. Belkin AV 2.4m RCA cable: Belkin Audio Cable RCA 2.4m AV RCA Audio Cable: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo
2. Belkin AV - Subwoofer cable - RCA (M) - 4.6 m - double shielded: Belkin AV - Subwoofer cable - RCA - RCA - 4.6 m: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

The cables look well made but I do not know how good they are in real world. Does anyone here use the Belkin PureAV Silver interconnects? Would you recommend these interconnects?

FYI I tried Blue Jeans Cable where a 1 meter LC1 RCA interconnect is priced at almost 24 GBP!!

These are a very good bargain at the price. They are not pure silver but rather coated. They are much better than stock cables. Build quality is top notch. They are end of line sale - I remember they used to go for much higher couple of years ago (almost $30-$40) for a pair. I would go for it if I was looking for a budget pair.

Depending on what you are connecting, try to keep the length as short as possible between the CDP and receiver. longer is not necessarily a good thing with interconnects.

These are a very good bargain at the price. They are not pure silver but rather coated. They are much better than stock cables. Build quality is top notch. They are end of line sale - I remember they used to go for much higher couple of years ago (almost $30-$40) for a pair. I would go for it if I was looking for a budget pair.

Depending on what you are connecting, try to keep the length as short as possible between the CDP and receiver. longer is not necessarily a good thing with interconnects.

Thanks marsilians. Belkin also do not claim the cable to be pure silver, but 99.9% OFC copper with silver coating. I quite like the finish quality. Made up my mind more or less to purchase these cables but then, most shippers in Amazon ship only within Europe:( Have to find out others who ship outside and order it.

The Kinge
sorry missed answering the second part of your question .....the Rs 2000 is the budget for one set.. of RCA,

Harryanthony, with that budget you can order from Blue Jeans Cable UK and get it delivered to your address in Bangalore. Give it a try.

Hi Harry,

RCA is considered to be quite good for CDP to AVR connections. However, if your CDP supports OPTICAL you could consider an optical cable as well.

A decent RCA cable less than INR 2000 is from Profigold/bandridge, which can be had at most of the places like ezone, croma etc. I myself am using one from profigold to connect my Marantz CDP to Marantz Int amp.

Hi Harry,

RCA is considered to be quite good for CDP to AVR connections. However, if your CDP supports OPTICAL you could consider an optical cable as well.

A decent RCA cable less than INR 2000 is from Profigold/bandridge, which can be had at most of the places like ezone, croma etc. I myself am using one from profigold to connect my Marantz CDP to Marantz Int amp.

This sparks off the question of what is the best connector for 2.0 chanel, audio.... analalog or digital.... ??

i am thinking of starting a poll...what say?

This sparks off the question of what is the best connector for 2.0 chanel, audio.... analalog or digital.... ??

i am thinking of starting a poll...what say?

Harry, I think this has been discussed at length in HFV. In summary, for 2 channel audio, it either balanced interconnect or unbalanced analog RCA. Digital comes in as an option only when you use AVR as an pre-amp / power amp. Most stereo amp or stereo integrated amps do not have digital inputs because they do not have on-board DACs. They have only amplification circuits.

Stereo amps expect the digital to analog conversion to be done by the source (cd player) or an external DAC and then expect the pre-amp to provide line level amplification. Stereo amp's job is only amplification of the signals from a pre-amp.

In case of integrated amps, they directly take analog inputs from source (cd player) and do both pre-amplification and power amplification.

Hi all,

I gave into temptation and ordered the BJC interconnects. Following is what I ordered:

1. BJC LC-1 Stereo Audio Cables, 1 metre, Black, with Techflex - GBP 25.75
2. BJC LC-1 Subwoofer Cable, 5 metre, Black - GBP 23.75

-thekinge

Nice choice elvis.

Wasnt the US site cheaper for BJC?

Hi sud98,

My name is not Elvis - am just a fan of The King Elvis that's all:)

UK site worked out to be cheaper overall hence ordered through UK. However, regardless of where it is ordered, the order is shipped direct from US.

US is actually cheaper for smaller orders as you can choose USPS without tracking in that case. If FedEx shipping is chosen, UK could be slightly cheaper.

US is actually cheaper for smaller orders as you can choose USPS without tracking in that case. If FedEx shipping is chosen, UK could be slightly cheaper.

I did compare the cost of Fedex shipping between US / UK & USPS shipping from BJC US. The difference was about 3 - 4 USD on the overall order, hence went ahead and ordered from Uk / Fedex shipping

Harry, I think this has been discussed at length in HFV. In summary, for 2 channel audio, it either balanced interconnect or unbalanced analog RCA. Digital comes in as an option only when you use AVR as an pre-amp / power amp. Most stereo amp or stereo integrated amps do not have digital inputs because they do not have on-board DACs. They have only amplification circuits.

Stereo amps expect the digital to analog conversion to be done by the source (cd player) or an external DAC and then expect the pre-amp to provide line level amplification. Stereo amp's job is only amplification of the signals from a pre-amp.

In case of integrated amps, they directly take analog inputs from source (cd player) and do both pre-amplification and power amplification.

The Kinge !
Thank you for your reply... i am not sure i understood all of it...long story short... what is the best medium to currently connect my SR606 to CD6003..... and in future if a buy a PM7001/3 then what connection to use to connect the CD player....

all i am looking for is SQ...

Thanks

Last edited:
The Kinge !
Thank you for your reply... i am not sure i understood all of it...long story short... what is the best medium to currently connect my SR606 to CD6003..... and in future if a buy a PM7001/3 then what connection to use to connect the CD player....

all i am looking for is SQ...

Thanks

Harryanthony, in both cases, the best way to connect is analog RCA. Check the stereo audio cables section in Blue Jeans Cable -- Quality Cables at Reasonable Prices for more information.

My last order through Amazon US & USPS never reached me in Dubai, because of the poor postal services here. And I had to wait for two months before Amazon shipped a replacement. Those two months I had no idea where my shipment was because I had no tracking number. However, Amazon shipped my replacement International priority which reached me on time. My experience from Amazon UK was different though. The order shipped through Royal Mail reached me in Dubai in about 3 weeks.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back