Anyone using Qobuz?

thedude

I’ve been using Tidal for past two years and it’s up for renewal soon. So was thinking of giving Qobuz a shot.

Have been trying to signup for a trial (US), but in vain!

Anyone successfully signed up?

No luck yet, they need a US credit card to avail the trial. Not sure if we can get a trial subscription via Apple store, will give it a try and let you know.

Last edited:
it is necessary to have a credit card issued from the country u subscribe from.( friends or relatives etc).
VPN simply do not work with qobuz unlike tidal. we had tried various methods .
BTW qobuz sounds way better than tidal.
Tidal connect / spotify connect features make it easier to use them from the native app .
qobuz connect feature is still not heard of -although u can do chromecast
qobuz USA is cheaper than UK due to lower exchange rate with Indian Rupee.

There are subtle differences between Tidal and Qobuz, I feel Qobuz has a better SQ overall .
The difference is not VFM when you compare Tidal turkey shared vs Qobuz shared.

No luck yet, they need a US credit card to avail the trial. Not sure if we can get a trial subscription via Apple store, will give it a try and let you know.
I have a US AppStore account too and can sign up for a trail after which it’s ₹1850/month for individual plan. I haven’t used it for a long time so was asking to re-verify the card details. Otherwise this will work.
it is necessary to have a credit card issued from the country u subscribe from.( friends or relatives etc).
VPN simply do not work with qobuz unlike tidal. we had tried various methods .
BTW qobuz sounds way better than tidal.
Tidal connect / spotify connect features make it easier to use them from the native app .
qobuz connect feature is still not heard of -although u can do chromecast
qobuz USA is cheaper than UK due to lower exchange rate with Indian Rupee.
I tried to sign up a few times today. Created a login via the voucher I got from Audirvana for a 3 month trial. But I get stuck at payment stage. Definitely need a credit card from a supported country.
tidal turkey individual 200 INR p/m and qobuz shared 300 INR p/m are comparable though .:D
I’m on Turkey family plan which costs ₹100/month/person. And Qobuz would be ₹300. I doubt Qobuz would be worth the premium, but would like to try once :)
i am using it since 2years sounds little better than tidal
What differences did you notice? Do you use the native app?

Last edited by a moderator:
yess i am using native app and sounds little organic and lively as no mqa and most of the albums are in 16 bit 44.1khz . and hindi catalogue is vast

yess i am using native app and sounds little organic and lively as no mqa and most of the albums are in 16 bit 44.1khz . and hindi catalogue is vast
I use via Audirvana and Tidal sounds better that way. So I’ll try Qobuz the same.

I’ll setup Qobuz tonight with a US credit card

Last edited:
I also feel Qobuz SQ is slightly better than Tidal. But Qobuz is behind Tidal in connectivity, UI, Playlists, Song discoverability/suggestions etc. Whether it is worth or not to move to Qobuz is really depends on the individual. If SQ is utmost priority for you, then you need to try Qobuz once.

I also feel Qobuz SQ is slightly better than Tidal. But Qobuz is behind Tidal in connectivity, UI, Playlists, Song discoverability/suggestions etc. Whether it is worth or not to move to Qobuz is really depends on the individual. If SQ is utmost priority for you, then you need to try Qobuz once.
Their UI is pretty poor compared to other streaming services. But their discovery is pretty good. That said, Roon/Audirvana supports it seamlessly, if you are looking for something simple, just hook it with BubbleUPnP.

I signed up for Studio Premier trial (then $22.99) on iOS App/US AppStore. It shows up under subscriptions on the AppStore, but on the app it still asks me to sign up for trial.

Reinstalling the app doesn’t fix this. Looks like Qobuz is trouble!

Better get the account activated from usa and get the credentials and it will work fine I hope so

Better get the account activated from usa and get the credentials and it will work fine I hope so
Yup. That’s what I did. But isn’t working
Edit:
Btw on the web portal it’s $14.99 for Studio Premier and $22.99 on AppStore :rolleyes:

Never used Qobuz streaming, but I’ve compared the (FLAC) samples accessible in the Qobuz store with Tidal versions of same tracks. I’m convinced that Qobuz FLACs approach CD quality. To me, Tidal suffers in dynamic range in comparison and it also seems to thicken the mids making them sound duller. Yet, it offers more complete sound than the compressed formats offered by the competition.

Between the two, I wish for Qobuz to reach Indian shores. But they seem to be a lot more conservative with their market expansion.

Never used Qobuz streaming, but I’ve compared the (FLAC) samples accessible in the Qobuz store with Tidal versions of same tracks. I’m convinced that Qobuz FLACs approach CD quality. To me, Tidal suffers in dynamic range in comparison and it also seems to thicken the mids making them sound duller. Yet, it offers more complete sound than the compressed formats offered by the competition.

Between the two, I wish for Qobuz to reach Indian shores. But they seem to be a lot more conservative with their market expansion.
Absolutely right.

i have been trying to create an account just to buy hires music from their store but VPN,tor everything fails.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back