Anyone Willing To Buy From Amazon @ Purana Exchange Rate ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anubisX

Hello everyone, you might've seen my thread other thread created in July when I bought an iPhone and USPS stole the phone. Anyways, the good news is that the seller has refunded me partially as he only had the phone insured for a partial amount only :( Stupid him !! So, I have that in my Amazon account and if you guys want to buy anything from Amazon, don't forget to ask as I'll buy for you at that old exchange rate which is Rs.56/$

Only have $315 so anything below that.

No one's interested ?

where are you from? if you are in Kolkata... then I might buy something... If you are in other state, can you courier it via blue dart or Aramex ?

if so, then i will send my blu-ray wishlist... NET total is around $150 approx without Import fee deposit (Import fee deposit is around 50$ which you will get back after 45-60 days, if you didn't hit by customs) amazon gives free shipping over $125 so no shipping charges.

I will pay after you receive the item from US, post screenshots & courier me with the tracking no. Then I will deposit your money in your Bank A/C otherwise you can also send via CASH ON DELIVERY method.I will pay the shipping charges if any.

I want all my blu-rays in sealed condition. This IS MUST!

If you agree, then PM me.

Last edited:
where are you from? if you are in Kolkata... then I might buy something... If you are in other state, can you courier it via blue dart or Aramex ?

if so, then i will send my blu-ray wishlist... NET total is around $150 approx without Import fee deposit (Import fee deposit is around 50$ which you will get back after 45-60 days, if you didn't hit by customs) amazon gives free shipping over $125 so no shipping charges.

I will pay after you receive the item from US, post screenshots & courier me with the tracking no. Then I will deposit your money in your Bank A/C otherwise you can also send via CASH ON DELIVERY method.I will pay the shipping charges if any.

I want all my blu-rays in sealed condition. This IS MUST!

If you agree, then PM me.

Who are you kidding?

1. $50 customs on $150 Blu rays isn't going to be refunded. You will have to bear it. 100% of the time. PERIOD

2. Free shipping is only valid on very select stuff. I have bought plenty of stuff delivered to India across various categories and was never entitled to free shipping. Free shipping is valid on maybe like 2-5% of the stuff they deliver to India. Assuming there will be no shipping charge is wishful thinking.

3. He is doing you a favor. Do you get it or not? You won't tell him the terms. He will dictate his terms and you will either take them or pass. Not the other way round. If he wants 100% upfront before he places the order, then he is entitled to it. And that is his right anyway. What if you change your mind halfway through? What will he do with that stuff?

4. He isn't earning anything from this deal. YOU ARE. You need to be grateful to him and work on his terms and conditions. Not order him around.

5. Learn some respect. You are still new. He isn't. People are likely to trust him over you.

Thank You

Aakshey

Last edited:
Who are you kidding?

1. customs on Blu rays isn't going to be refunded. You will have to bear it. 100% of the time. PERIOD

2. Free shipping is only valid on very select stuff. I have bought plenty of stuff delivered to India across various categories and was never entitled to free shipping. Free shipping is valid on maybe like 2-5% of the stuff they deliver to India. Assuming there will be no shipping charge is wishful thinking.

3. He is doing you a favor. Do you get it or not? You won't tell him the terms. He will dictate his terms and you will either take them or pass. Not the other way round. If he wants 100% upfront before he places the order, then he is entitled to it. And that is his right anyway. What if you change your mind halfway through? What will he do with that stuff?

4. He isn't earning anything from this deal. YOU ARE. You need to be grateful to him and work on his terms and conditions. Not order him around.

5. Learn some respect. You are still new. He isn't. People are likely to trust him over you.

Thank You

Aakshey
& Who are you suggesting me or what???

I know amazon.com terms very well... check the screenshot... I know what I am asking.... BUT you are Not! All amazon global eligible orders came under free shipping over

Amazon.com Help: About FREE AmazonGlobal Saver Shipping

& FIY amazon sends via aramex... & amazon refunds the duty after 60 days... just ask just4kix for info....

2cctmkl.jpg

& next time don't hijack other people threads! if AnubisX didn't agree, then its fine... I can live with it. & thanx for the offer Anubis !

Last edited:
Who are you kidding?

Thank You

Aakshey

:thumbsup:
People need to grow up.

Thanks, Techboy and JasonX and others for supporting.

@JasonX : I'm from the same place so there won't be any problem. Import Fees are not refunded in full. If the duties are charged less than the estimated amount, they refund you. I got like $1.70 refunded after I imported the BluRay 3D movies and games. You've to pay upfront (in full). And the BluRays will be shipped to your address directly.

@sap2nirvana : I don't have such funds :p

@Techboy : Thanks a lot, buddy. You said it all.

Last edited:
Ya. Check out the shipping on AKG Q701 which amazon delivers to India. Or on Beyrr dt 990 pro.

And you have never bought any thing from amazon, so stop talking BS theory.

Ya, now they have recently started it. I just saw. But it doesn't affect the cost much. The overall cost is pretty close. And the shipping you get is damn slow in return.

Check the difference in cost on a 20-30k INR order between free shipping and the paid shipping option and the difference in cost is just a few hundred rs, sometimes even less. And you get damn slow shipping.

The only thing I didn't like about amazon.com is the Import fee deposit. Getting my money stuck for 60 days is BAD... that is why i prefer amazon.uk.

& the deposit fee is a whopping 33-35% now!

@JasonX : I'm from the same place so there won't be any problem. Import Fees are not refunded in full. If the duties are charged less than the estimated amount, they refund you. I got like refunded after I imported the BluRay 3D movies and games. You've to pay upfront (in full). And the BluRays will be shipped to your address directly.

Man, I cannot pay you the import fee.:sad: Its debatable whether you will be charged or not.

I bought blu-rays from amazon.uk (marked as Gift )which always came duty free in Kolkata, so, I assume you'll get the full refund after 60 days.

I DON'T NEED to deliver to my address, At first, YOU COLLECT the product, then I will collect it from you.

I can meet you here in Kolkata directly & Can pay you max 50% advance (please don't ask for a full Payment, you're in same position as me:sad: !)

After the arrival of product, I will collect it Directly from you, & pay the rest of the money.

If all these terms (I know I'm ALMOST DEMANDING !) suits you, then I can send you the links of my blu-rays at amazon.com, & trust me shipping didn't take NOT MORE than 10-15 days(Regular free shipping). Also amazon.com sends via Tracking, so no tension of lost package.

@ JasonX : I import regularly from Amazon. But now I really need some money for Durga Puja so I'm not buying anything for myself. I'm not that kind of person to run away with your money. I know you're skeptical but you gotta take a chance on me. About the Import Duty Deposit, I never received any duty-free goods from Amazon. Gone are those days when you can declare a product GIFT and get it duty-free. Also gone are those days when duties were not imposed on items below 10K. I've been importing since 2006 and this thing came into play after 2011-12 when everything is charged. Even if you buy a LCD / LED / Plasma from outside India and bring it with you, you've to pay duties from this month, 28.852% same as the Blurays. And they don't hold that for 60days, if they had to refund, they do it 2-3days after you've received the goods.

@Techboy, shipping does matter a lot when you buy something heavy. Although they say 9-15 days in SuperSaver Global Shipping, they usually take 5-8days which is acceptable.

@TheFalcon, I never received your PM. You don't have to buy anything of $315 value, it can be lesser than that.

In my experience shipping is usually not much unless you plan to buy a TV or something of that sort. Usually, the customs far outweigh the shipping to the extent where the shipping doesn't even matter. Unless you are talking of importing a TV or something.

Paying 33% duty on a approx Rs.6000/- blu-rays is JUST not acceptable to me. I'm VERY SORRY that i cannot agree with you proposal.

Thanks for your generous offer mate! If you changed your mind with that Import fee deposit then you can PM me !

@JasonX : So you want me to pay the Import Duties ? That's not acceptable to me either. I don't know who gave you that information but it's not right. Did you buy anything from Amazon.com in past couple of months ? Duty-free ? You shouldn't believe everything.

@Techboy : Not talking about importing TVs. Suppose, you've been to UK or Singapore or Thailand and you've bought a 42" LED and you're bringing it with you. Till August, you could've bought it duty-free declaring it as PERSONAL good and not for COMMERCIAL use. But now : http://zeenews.india.com/business/news/economy/govt-bans-duty-free-import-of-high-end-tvs_82213.html

And sorry, it's 36.05% now.

Last edited:
@JasonX : So you want me to pay the Import Duties ? That's not acceptable to me either. I don't know who gave you that information but it's not right. Did you buy anything from Amazon.com in past couple of months ? Duty-free ? You shouldn't believe everything.

@Techboy : Not talking about importing TVs. Suppose, you've been to UK or Singapore or Thailand and you've bought a 42" LED and you're bringing it with you. Till August, you could've bought it duty-free declaring it as PERSONAL good and not for COMMERCIAL use. But now : Govt bans duty-free import of high-end TVs

And sorry, it's 36.05% now.

I bought 3 blu-ray boxsets in the last 30 days from amazon.uk which came duty free. so if amazon.com parcels are charged then i will NOT buy it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back