APC ups dealer in bangalore

square_wave

Has anyone purchased an APC ups for audio in bangalore recently ? Would be nice if I can get the phone number and name of the person / dealer.
Not the home inverter model. The 2 kva online sinewave ups.

Would you consider buying from amazon.in?

Have been thinking of buying one of their small domestic inverters myself, but I notice that there is an extensive range listed. Sorting by high price starts at 9 Lakh!

But I can understand if you prefer personal service.

@square_wave I've recently purchased an APC UPS 500VA for my Mac. Nothing fancy. Here is what I did. I've called up the toll-free number and asked where I could buy the UPS. They gave the contact number of the dealer closest to me. This happens to be in HSR Layout.

A google search will also lead you to dealers all across Bangalore. I'm sure you would know that.

Most probably, an expensive UPS that you are looking for might not be in stock. These have to be ordered on demand. Getting them Amazon.in is not a bad idea either. You can save some money there.

Would you consider buying from amazon.in?

Have been thinking of buying one of their small domestic inverters myself, but I notice that there is an extensive range listed. Sorting by high price starts at 9 Lakh!

But I can understand if you prefer personal service.

The online, double conversion models at 1kva are not available on amazon india

I have researched this more than anything else! For audio needs, best to go for an online sine-wave UPS (which you have already zeroed down), with at least 1.5 times your rated capacity (especially true if you have an external amp or a sub) and finally, Emerson is better than APC in terms of TCO and service.

This knowledge was true two years ago and should totally hold good even today for first two points and partially for the last point.

I purchased a 3 kVA online UPS from Emerson two years ago, tucked it out in my balcony (it was a little noisy inside) and has been working without batting an eyelid ever since (touch-wood). It works very well with my apartment genset. Every 6-12 months, a service person visits my place (totally without my intervention), checks the unit, certifies it and leaves. Sales and installation was as smooth too. The electrician ran the wire under the walls to ensure I get pure UPS power at given wall sockets. Very neat.

If you must read more, following link is a bible for AV power needs. Its 40 pages of pure information!
http://www.hifivision.com/audio-vid...er-games-servo-stabilizer-cvt-online-ups.html

Now, I know I have obviously not answered your question! I however could not stop myself considering I very strongly believe this has been my BEST investment in the last two years and others must benefit from my experience. If I have swayed your fancy towards it, will be happy to share contact# :).

I have researched this more than anything else! For audio needs, best to go for an online sine-wave UPS (which you have already zeroed down), with at least 1.5 times your rated capacity (especially true if you have an external amp or a sub) and finally, Emerson is better than APC in terms of TCO and service.

This knowledge was true two years ago and should totally hold good even today for first two points and partially for the last point.

I purchased a 3 kVA online UPS from Emerson two years ago, tucked it out in my balcony (it was a little noisy inside) and has been working without batting an eyelid ever since (touch-wood). It works very well with my apartment genset. Every 6-12 months, a service person visits my place (totally without my intervention), checks the unit, certifies it and leaves. Sales and installation was as smooth too. The electrician ran the wire under the walls to ensure I get pure UPS power at given wall sockets. Very neat.

If you must read more, following link is a bible for AV power needs. Its 40 pages of pure information!
http://www.hifivision.com/audio-vid...er-games-servo-stabilizer-cvt-online-ups.html

Now, I know I have obviously not answered your question! I however could not stop myself considering I very strongly believe this has been my BEST investment in the last two years and others must benefit from my experience. If I have swayed your fancy towards it, will be happy to share contact# :).

+1
I have same one. I had changed the cooling fans with silent Gelid ones imported from US.
Now blends with the HT setup..

Hi Abhishek,

Many thanks. This person needs only a 1kva and is planning to run a lcd tv, nad amp, cd player / lp player and occassional ps3. The gear is not very power consuming.

Your comments about emerson is interesting. Can you let me know the details of your dealer ? Maybe I can ask my friend to go for emerson instead since pricing is very similar.

I have been running a double conversion 2kva online apc for the last 4 years...

Thanks..

reju - I meant the model# of the fan.

I had bought 4 fans as these have lesser amperage and RPM.

Gelid Silent 7 70mm x 70mm X15MM Fan | eBay

Fixed 2 in the front in place of original fans (as intake) and then 2 additional at the back (as exhaust).
(Originally there were only 2 high power noisy fans in the front with 2 pin connectors)

But since these new fans have 3 pins connectors, I also had to buy these converters
3pin to 2pin Converter Adapter YAD2P | eBay

And since I had to connect 4 fans, I also had to buy 3 Pin Female to 3 Pin Male Y Cable Splitter. Needed 2 of these but came in a bundle of 5.

Generic 5Pcs 9inch 3 Pin Female to 2 Male PC Fan Power: Amazon.in: Electronics

You can see from the picture below..the direction of air flow and the location of the onboard 2 pin connectors and 3 pin spiltters.

fkmbt1.jpg

@Reju, did you also placed a servo stablizer before the emerson? Also do you have phone number of the dealer in bangalore that sold you?

Thanks Harsh

Hi Abhishek,

Many thanks. This person needs only a 1kva and is planning to run a lcd tv, nad amp, cd player / lp player and occassional ps3. The gear is not very power consuming.

Your comments about emerson is interesting. Can you let me know the details of your dealer ? Maybe I can ask my friend to go for emerson instead since pricing is very similar.

I have been running a double conversion 2kva online apc for the last 4 years...<a

Thanks..
May not help square_wave any more (sorry :( )but others could benefit.
Gravity India is the authorized sales and service for Emerson in BLR.
Dharma Reddy
Ph# +91 99455 66668
Great guy. Understand audiophile needs.

6 yrs with Emerson now. Got great service so far both from the unit and the dealer. Got the battery replaced last year through them. The UPS has been out in the balcony (inside a plastic box meant to keep invertor batteries) amidst elements. It just works!

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back