Apple Airpods Query

shredder

This is a question that is addressed to anyone who owns or has extensive experience with Apple Airpods. I really like the idea of truly wireless earbuds. I realize that it is a relatively new technology and that there is still a lot of room for improvement. Just to test the waters I had purchased the Chkokko Resonance Twins. To be fair, I was not too disappointed. Considering the price, the performance was pretty good. However there is one annoying thing I have noticed - there is too much latency. This is not a problem when listening to music. However, when watching videos there is a very noticeable lag.
I have read some reviews claiming that the W1 chip on the Airpods resolves any latency issues. Can anyone confirm this to be the case? These Airpods would be used mainly with Android devices and Windows 10, not Apple devices. Would use with non-Apple devices cause any additional latency issues?

Paired with an iPhone or iPad, the Airpods are superb. After years of junking numerous Bluetooth devices, these work really well.
I have no experience with Android devices, so I can't help you here. Why not drop into an Apple Store and try them with your phone?

Good idea. But I want the opinion of someone who has extensively used the Airpods with Android rather than making a purchase based on a few minutes of use.

I have been using the Airpods for more than 4 months I think. I mainly use them with my iPhone and my Macbook. No latency issues there. I have often paired them with my wife's Android phone ( OP6 ) to watch stuff on Netflix, etc. I had never had any issues with audio-video sync.

But then my reason for purchase of the Apple Airpods was because I was all in the Apple ecosystem already. So the convenience was the major factor ( no need to pair except once at the beginning, connects to your nearest apple device, appears on all iCloud devices, the size ). The sound quality is no different from the wired Apple ear pods. Haven't you considered the Jabra Elite 65T ( similar price range ) or the newly launched OnePlus wireless bullets ?

Last edited:
My 2 cents .. unless you’re spending 3-4 hours a day on conference calls this may not be the right choice for you .. especially if you’re not in the apple ecosystem. If music is what you need it for then the beats with the apple chip would serve you better ( even with Android). I would suggest you look at the RHA , Sony true wireless phones as well

Jabra Elite 65t is one of the best true wireless earphones.
I own both the airpods and 65t, the difference is sound quality is night and day.
The main disadvantage of airpods is the fit, it either fits your ears or it doesn't and that makes a lot of difference in how the airpods sound.

Jabra Elite 65t is one of the best true wireless earphones.
I own both the airpods and 65t, the difference is sound quality is night and day.
The main disadvantage of airpods is the fit, it either fits your ears or it doesn't and that makes a lot of difference in how the airpods sound.
I too would recommend the 65t.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back