Sony wf-1000xm5 earbuds

sand87ch

so folks i wanted to share my experience regarding the sony wf-1000xm5 earbuds.
I have paired it with my iphone 13 mini and have been using it with tidal and apple music mainly.I had earlier used airpods pro 2 and these are what i felt

1. the sony headphones multipoint works seamlessly
2.the anc is not something to write home about and i think it just does an average noise cancellation.the thing is while you are in anc on mode if u scratch a wooden floor with ur toes u will hear a kind of robotic sound in ur ear due to that.
3. In public transport with noise cancellation on i found that during calls the person on the other end could barely understand what i was saying.all the callers complained that not only was the call not clear but also that the sound seemed to lack the human touch.
4.post the latest update i guess even the sound has taken a major hit.even after playing around with the equalizer the sound seems like coming out of a pair of low cost buds.

i have now to check this with an android handset to confirm if the behaviour is the same.i bought this anticipating a movement to samsung s24 later this year but unfortunately it seems if this is the way it works even with android then i will have to go back to airpods pro2 and return these.

Please let me know your comments.

so i tested the earbuds with a one plus 6t.
first i tested it with music playing from speakers in the background and called my friend to mimic the outside environment on watsapp and mobile.it seems that when i am quite theres no noise.the moment i talk he said it feels like am inside a train.
Also he complained that it seemed like the voice is coming from a distance.Inside the room in a wuiet setting it was working ok.i called multiple
people and all complained the same.i did reset and also tried the settings.nothing seemed to help.What i could gather is that the earbuds struggle in noisy environments to filter out the background noise.

Hence i have today returned the earbuds.its baffling as to why there are not
much reports online.i would have got a replacement but i am skeptical if its the specific piece issue or its across the xm5 earbuds range.
if anyone else has this earbud i would
like to hear their inputs vis-a-vis calls in a noisy environment.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back