Apple Iphone 4s/Samsung Note/ Motorola Razr

Buying a Nexus device will always put you up first in terms of latest updates. That's the reason I went for Nexus S some four months ago while I had the option of Galaxy S at par. Never was a fan of BB, has nothing to offer me. The stock e mail app of android does it for me. Got ICS updates a couple of days back. Good improvement in form of people app as against the stock contacts app in gingerbread. Also has in built data monitoring which keeps check on my 3G usage (I use a tethered connection from my nexus s for internet on laptop. Though most of my browsing is now through cell only ) not much improvement on the UI though. The change of basic blue from green of gingerbread took a while to get used to. Spell correction is much better and closer to Ms words. But, I was hoping to get a nice stock digital clock widget which is a sore miss on nexus devices. The email has a better UI now.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Nice thread,

Currently using LGP500 running on Gingerbread, unstable and slow, with SD card unmounting issues.

Currently saving money for Samsung SII, looks cool, interface response and loads of features. Note, IMHO, is definitely not portable!

Are there any known issues in S2?

Cheers!

From last 2 days i am very happy with the performance ... No issue till now . . :yahoo:

Buying a Nexus device will always put you up first in terms of latest updates. That's the reason I went for Nexus S some four months ago while I had the option of Galaxy S at par. Never was a fan of BB, has nothing to offer me. The stock e mail app of android does it for me. Got ICS updates a couple of days back. Good improvement in form of people app as against the stock contacts app in gingerbread. Also has in built data monitoring which keeps check on my 3G usage (I use a tethered connection from my nexus s for internet on laptop. Though most of my browsing is now through cell only ) not much improvement on the UI though. The change of basic blue from green of gingerbread took a while to get used to. Spell correction is much better and closer to Ms words. But, I was hoping to get a nice stock digital clock widget which is a sore miss on nexus devices. The email has a better UI now.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

can you comment if there is much of a difference in the upgraded Android to ICS and the stock one that comes with Galaxy Nexus. Just wondering how much difference would it make it a note is bought and upgraded to ICS.

Thought I would go either with Galaxy S Plus or R, but looks like there is no ICS for these devices for now. Seems only Samsung SII and latest TAB will get ICS.:mad: SII is too pricey at least for now, to me!

Thought I would go either with Galaxy S Plus or R, but looks like there is no ICS for these devices for now. Seems only Samsung SII and latest TAB will get ICS.:mad: SII is too pricey at least for now, to me!

Definately they release ICS for other devices too, but first for Tab and S II ...

Definately they release ICS for other devices too, but first for Tab and S II ...

I have read their official announcement recently stating that there is not enough room on other devices running touch wiz, but they have not come up with an answer when questioned about S2 which also uses touch wiz.

Yesterday, had a demo of LG optimus 2x and black, optimus 2x seems to be good and is around 20K. Looks like a good deal to me. The phone is good except for its build and some bad history of rebooting and crashing issues on its out-of-the-box firmware

m confused between the S2 and Nexus too but i think i'll go for the S2 because...

- S2 has better version of the Dual Core Processor.
- S2 also has better version of Graphics Processor.
- S2 has expandable memory.
- S2 has better camera both at back and front.
- Nexus though has the better screen.

But i'm gonna wait till ICS 4.0 comes on S2 particularly because i want to see how they re-arrange the bottom buttons on the S2. Since ICS has built in Home/Return Button if they keep the built in button on the S2 along with the physical button then i guess it'll be a waste of space and might look pretty weird too having 2 home buttons and 2 return buttons on top of each other.

I wonder what i can do with my iPhone 3G 16gb when i get the new phone. Probably keep it as a spare phone. probably as an mp3 player on a dock. any ideas,,,?

Last edited:
If I remember correct our forum member kevian bought the same phone and returned in 2 days. You may want to check what issues he had with the phone.

Hi Kittu

In previous version there is some problem ( Crashing Apps ) but i don't think so in the latest one is having ....

Congrats on the buy ! I checked out Lumina 800 last weekend and I was actually impressed with what I saw. The battery bug in s/w was resolved in the model I saw. Maybe it is the novelty of WP7.5 or the incumbency factor of Android, but I liked the layout out of Mango. And the phone was zippy enough for me plus the form factor had a nice feel to it. I haven't exactly rooted my current Android device so the allure of custom ROMs is something which does not draw me.

I also checked out Note and somehow, I can't see myself carrying that thing in my jeans pocket. Way too big.

I am warming up to WPs !

Only because of I tunes m not opt I Phone 4s , and the same is here with Lumia i think called Zune " Old Rival start again " ( Apple Inc v/s Microsoft )

Granted both of them (M/S and Apple) are trying to lock people in their ecosystem but I can only comment from my usage perspective. I haven't felt a need which has been constrained by the ecosystem. And I seriously have no desire for video calling. Beyond this function, I fail to see the overpowering need for a front camera. Being a user of 3G here in India for the past 1 year, I am under no illusion of what are the true capabilities of 3G n/w in India. Long way to go ... certainly longer than the lifecycle of a smartphone.

@Sauri

On which Android version your phone is running on? I saw 2.3.6 released in India. I am actually on Custom ROM :D so cant check.

Congrats on the buy ! I checked out Lumina 800 last weekend and I was actually impressed with what I saw. The battery bug in s/w was resolved in the model I saw. Maybe it is the novelty of WP7.5 or the incumbency factor of Android, but I liked the layout out of Mango. And the phone was zippy enough for me plus the form factor had a nice feel to it. I haven't exactly rooted my current Android device so the allure of custom ROMs is something which does not draw me.

I also checked out Note and somehow, I can't see myself carrying that thing in my jeans pocket. Way too big.

I am warming up to WPs !

I had a quick peek of Lumia 800, the display is really awesome!!! and as Nokia says, black is clearly black, just loved it. The device which i saw was black in colour with red tiles, man it looked like the tiles just poped up on the screen, So beautiful.....I wanna buy this device, but two things holding me back:-

1. Audio quality
2. Internet tethering.

Read lot of reviews regarding audio quality being not on par, I didnt had the chance to check the audio playback. But if you had checked the music playback quality, can you comment about it?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back