Apple Iphone 4s/Samsung Note/ Motorola Razr

saurigr8

Hi Folks

It's time to upgrade my cell phone. . Need your valuable cooments and suggestions. Choices between Apple I Phone 4s / Samsung Galaxy Note or SII / Motorola Razr..

note is definitely not a cell phone. It is too huge for a cell phone. SII is nice - I have planned to buy one as soon as I get a samsung discount coupon which will take down the price to 22.5k

Using a Note since 3 days. Amazing phone and features. Was never a Samsung fan, but this phone has blown me away. Yes its big, but being slim reduces the bulk look to a large extent.

Yes i agree the size is too big of Galaxy Note . Just confirmed the price of I Phone 4s quoted 16 GB - INR 43,500 & 32 GB - INR 50,000.

Sauri, the galaxy s2 itself is barely pocketable, so with a Sam note, portability sure is an issue. The choice here is between apple and android. If it's the latter, then go for the s2. Moto service in India is quite poor.

Thanxx I audio for your valuable comment , @ my home Galaxy S & LG available and both are android .. So This time i consider Iphone in my comparing list... but better ask or discuss with gurus .. so later you are not facing any issue....

If you want to buy an iphone 4s , get the factory unlocked version from apple . Its retailing around 649$.

I use a galaxy S too( no, not galaxy s2 ;) I have used the s2 also and found that 4 inch is the max I can use comfortably. As for the iPhone 4, it s an awesome phone, but I just can't deal with the apple way of life. I like my freedom.
Edit:Sam, was just gonna add galaxy nexus to the list too. But is the USB still restricted to mtp?

Wait for Galaxy Nexus to launch here or get it from someone coming from abroad.

Dont buy iphone 4s unless you are a diehard apple fan, it is priced insanely at 44k and also siri does not work properly in india and it has just a 3.5 inch screen.

Galaxy S2 is gr8 phone. but 4.3inch screen size seems too much. I earlier had Iphone 1st version. it had everything except good phone quality. one fine day (after 4 years), it fell down and broken. I was very happy to finally say goodbye to iphone. Now I started looking for android phone. exploration started with galaxy S2. This phone has got everything. difficult to find any fault, except big screen size(some ppl like bigger screen size). next choice was Galaxy S. This phone lacks LED flash in camera. so dropped.
finally i settled with galaxy [email protected] from Flipkart.com. if you dont want video call over 3G, this phone has got all the features(if not very high-end).

Why not consider a Windows phone? I have been a relatively long time user of Android (>1.5 yrs) and was a big fan of its ecosystem, till my recent experiences with malwares has turned me off. I am speaking of using apps solely from Android market and not from the third party sources. The fact that one can get unlucky with apps even from the market is just too big a deal breaker for me.

I have found the reviews of recent windows phone to be pretty good, both in terms of slickness of the UI as well as performance of the h/w. And if I read your listing, it is apparent you are not looking for a budget phone ... one of the drawbacks that the current windows phones face is that there are no budget phones :D So in a way, all windows phones have been launched with good high end specs.

Give it a thought ....

Cheers
Rishi

P.S: IPhone 4S is just ridiculously priced here in India and is not worth it. And I doubt you will go a long distance Siri considering it expects either a Brit accent or an American accent :) Siri is the biggest draw with 4S.

I use a galaxy S too( no, not galaxy s2 ;) I have used the s2 also and found that 4 inch is the max I can use comfortably. As for the iPhone 4, it s an awesome phone, but I just can't deal with the apple way of life. I like my freedom.
Edit:Sam, was just gonna add galaxy nexus to the list too. But is the USB still restricted to mtp?

yes, you cannot use it as a USB drive ... but that is okie with me I anyhow dont use phone card as USB storage ....but its more of an ICS limitation not the phones, however its still not 100% confirmed .....

But if its necessary, you can always use the phone with wireless FTP, with that you can send multiple files

Is the nexus launched ?

About to ... around 15 DEC 2011 ..... but heck its worth a wait ... ICS .. damm to sexy ...:D

Last edited:
. SII is nice - I have planned to buy one as soon as I get a samsung discount coupon which will take down the price to 22.5k

How to get this coupon? I want one to buy the Galaxy Note.

Sauri, the galaxy s2 itself is barely pocketable, so with a Sam note, portability sure is an issue. The choice here is between apple and android. If it's the latter, then go for the s2. Moto service in India is quite poor.

At the showroom I asked to see the Note and quietly slipped it into my pocket when no one was looking. It fits easily in my jeans pocket without feeling tight ... or overshadowing the bulge that matters most :eek:hyeah:;). Then I took it back out and handed it back to the salesman - Relax I am no shoplifter :cool:

I will buy the Note in Feb, right now I have two months to imagine how I will use it. I found the ipod touch 3G too small a screen for webbrowsing and the S2 feels too narrow too.

--G0bble

i agree with gobble. if you are man enough for it ;), the note is an awesome communication device. and the resolution is just amazing. and its sooo damn fast. i could go on.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back