HT setup in a very small room

I have mounted my 75" TV on my 6.5 feet wall. No problems with mounting. The actual mounting is done on a 1 foot or so square bracket. My viewing distance can be anywhere from 6 feet to 10 feet, depending on what I am doing.

The speakers are a problem though. I have my speakers on stands and for watching movies, I have currently placed my speakers on it's side !!!! Not much impact on audio that my old deaf ears can discern.

I would suggest that you plan for a 75" TV and carefully plan your TV placement and your speaker placement. It is possible to do it in a 6 feet space with sufficiently good results.
View attachment 81154
Thank you and may I please know what sepaker setup you are using ?

Thank you and may I please know what sepaker setup you are using ?
My speakers for HT are:

Front LR: Quad S2
Centre: Quad SC
Surround height: 1) Quad L2
2) Wharfedale D220
Surround: Wharfedale Bi-polar

Can't see them in the picture as my HT Receiver has gone for repairs.

The following is the setup I am planning to go with. Is this overkill for my 6x9 small room? I am a noob when it comes to dedicated home theater systems. Please advise!

LR - Polk Reserve R200 Bookshelf
Center - Polk Reserve R400
Surround/Rear - Polk ES 10 satellite
Subwoofer - SVS PB 1000 Pro
Ceiling Atmos - Polk RC80i
AVR - Denon AVR-X1700H

The Polk R series are well regarded speakers. If money is not a constraint, I would say, go ahead with the purchase. Yes it will be a overkill but with careful adjustment, you should be able to get quality sound in from your HT setup.

The following is the setup I am planning to go with. Is this overkill for my 6x9 small room? I am a noob when it comes to dedicated home theater systems. Please advise!

Surround/Rear - Polk ES 10 satellite
Subwoofer - SVS PB 1000 Pro
AVR - Denon AVR-X1700H
Polk Reserve Series is really great option, I would like to suggest if you can go for Denon 2800.

Thank you for the suggestions and I am also leaning towards SVS SB 1000 pro sub considering my small space.
Some things that you need to keep in mind if you are going to install a big (75") TV in a small space. (Actually, this holds good for all TV's)

Install the TV in such a way that the center of the TV is as close to (Height not distance) seated eye level as possible. In your case, it will be an adjustment between how low the TV can get without causing problems with front speaker placement.

Run Audyssey as suggested by the provider in all the points. Manual adjustments can be made to your liking.

Enjoy your HT and keep us posted on your thoughts after the installation.

Some things that you need to keep in mind if you are going to install a big (75") TV in a small space. (Actually, this holds good for all TV's)

Install the TV in such a way that the center of the TV is as close to (Height not distance) seated eye level as possible. In your case, it will be an adjustment between how low the TV can get without causing problems with front speaker placement.

Run Audyssey as suggested by the provider in all the points. Manual adjustments can be made to your liking.

Enjoy your HT and keep us posted on your thoughts after the installation.
Yeah, the positioning of the TV and the speakers is a challenge for me due to the 6-foot width of the space. The room is currently under construction. I will definitely share my thoughts after the installation. Thank you!

Hello everyone, I've decided to opt for another room for my home theater setup, and the new room is 10 x 12 in size. It's not significantly larger, but it's a bit more spacious than the existing 6 x 9 room.

TV - LG g3 77 (Tv will be mounted on the 12 feet long wall)
Surround/Rear - Polk ES 15
Subwoofer - SVS SB 1000 Pro
AVR - Denon AVR-X2800H

I'm currently grappling with the decision between a 5.1.2 or 5.1.4 setup for Atmos speakers, considering that my couch will only be two feet away from the rear wall and the viewing distance will be 8 feet. Additionally, I would appreciate confirmation on whether the speakers I've selected are suitable for my current room, especially the subwoofer. I'm also planning to install a false ceiling. The current ceiling height is 12 feet, and I'm curious about the optimal ceiling height for a false ceiling in my 10 x 12 room and also is there any specific material i need to use in false ceiling for acoustics. Please provide your advice. Thank you.

I'm currently grappling with the decision between a 5.1.2 or 5.1.4 setup for Atmos speakers, considering that my couch will only be two feet away from the rear wall and the viewing distance will be 8 feet.
I don't think that the Denon will X2800-H will support a 5.1.4 configuration. Other than that, I am sure that you will have a very decent 5.1.2 Home Theatre in your room. As a bonus, this setup will have you enjoying music too as opposed to a cubes and sub setup.

I don't think that the Denon will X2800-H will support a 5.1.4 configuration. Other than that, I am sure that you will have a very decent 5.1.2 Home Theatre in your room. As a bonus, this setup will have you enjoying music too as opposed to a cubes and sub setup.
The plan is to choose the X3800H if my room size and seating position are suitable for four ceiling Atmos speakers.

Hello everyone, I've decided to opt for another room for my home theater setup, and the new room is 10 x 12 in size. It's not significantly larger, but it's a bit more spacious than the existing 6 x 9 room.

TV - LG g3 77 (Tv will be mounted on the 12 feet long wall)
Surround/Rear - Polk ES 15
Subwoofer - SVS SB 1000 Pro
AVR - Denon AVR-X2800H

I'm currently grappling with the decision between a 5.1.2 or 5.1.4 setup for Atmos speakers, considering that my couch will only be two feet away from the rear wall and the viewing distance will be 8 feet. Additionally, I would appreciate confirmation on whether the speakers I've selected are suitable for my current room, especially the subwoofer. I'm also planning to install a false ceiling. The current ceiling height is 12 feet, and I'm curious about the optimal ceiling height for a false ceiling in my 10 x 12 room and also is there any specific material i need to use in false ceiling for acoustics. Please provide your advice. Thank you.
Aim for an 8.5 feet or 9 feet height for these dimensions.

Last edited:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back