Apple music to launch lossless streaming

No Sachin, will try after work. I am sure there are some popular songs which would be in high quality like every other service. But just adding a lossless logo to their old horrible versions is just plain cheating.
We're 2nd Rated citizens, our albums will be mastered last...
That's why Apple Lossless is not yet officially released in India.
Let's wait and see...

Let's wait and see...
I think they buy the content directly from labels. May be this is what the label send them. I don’t think any streaming service company would cross check every single track they got them from the labels. So bad can apples slip in!

Let's wait and see...
Why wait for others (companies/streaming services abroad) to even rate us?
The biggest audience for Indian music is in ….Indiya.
The big question is why is there no Indian company bothering to do this ?
Maybe we are 2nd rated by our own?:rolleyes:

I do see Apple lossless as well as Spatial music in my ipad (indian device and Indian apple id). So why are we saying its not launched in India.

Why wait for others (companies/streaming services abroad) to even rate us?
The biggest audience for Indian music is in ….Indiya.
The big question is why is there no Indian company bothering to do this ?
Maybe we are 2nd rated by our own?:rolleyes:
Or simply because India does not have (or Apple believes) a sizeable audiophile market that is willing to spend on audio equipment or services.
As another instance, Samsung’s flagship smartphones sold in India have Exynos processors, not Snapdragon. Perhaps, we are forever branded as a price sensitive market.

I do see Apple lossless as well as Spatial music in my ipad (indian device and Indian apple id). So why are we saying its not launched in India.
I dont see any any option under settings Music for losslesss on iPad. Restarted, logged out and in but not getting lossless so far. Even downloaded an album, but not got any message on the resolution. Don’t know what is missing. BTW, is iOS 15 available for updatiion in India?

Last edited:
I upgraded to 14.6.
In apple music you can check for spatial music as a category which will give you atmos. In certain albums you see Digital Masters which are basically CD quality.

If you check for Taylor Swifts Folklore it's in Spatial and if you check Miles Davies kind of Blue it is In Digital Master.

You can send it via airplay to your streaming device. I used marantz heos.

I upgraded to 14.6.
In apple music you can check for spatial music as a category which will give you atmos. In certain albums you see Digital Masters which are basically CD quality.

If you check for Taylor Swifts Folklore it's in Spatial and if you check Miles Davies kind of Blue it is In Digital Master.

You can send it via airplay to your streaming device. I used marantz heos.
Thanks for the update. Have you had a chance to compare it to any other lossless source like Tidal?

f you check for Taylor Swifts Folklore it's in Spatial and if you check Miles Davies kind of Blue it is In Digital Master
That doesn’t mean it’s lossless. Try downloading and then check the size. It’s the usual 256 kbps.

2E02021F-3E50-4644-A3CF-8412B962C502.jpeg

AE0AC4E4-525A-4CC8-B743-63EB2FB90CFB.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont see the option yet on my iPad, I updated it to ios 15 and yesterday night in anticipation, still nothing.. I’m using Indian Apple ID & device..

yes i had updated weeks back but even on 14.6 i dont see the lossless settings on my iphone in the settings.
The Apple hi-res format seems to be a geography based update with iOS 14.6 as a prerequisite anywhere. Like you would have read elsewhere on this forum, we are all hoping that this hi-res format becomes available to all Apple Music users in India soon. Apple, apparently, seems to be thinking too hard to throw the switch for India.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back