Apple music to launch lossless streaming

Folks, is the lossless option showing up for anyone yet ?

I have an iPad Pro. Updated to latest iOS version (14.6). I go to Settings -> Music, but see no option to choose lossless.

I beg to differ. Your dislike for Apple is well evident thought this thread. I have ignored your comments so far, but will respond just this once.

I have been into Apple ecosystem starting 2007 and quite content. Most of the stuff they do is very refined, reliable and offer very good user experience. I feel, I get what I pay for with Apple. And Apple is known to take care of its customers.

I like many Apple products, a lot. But unlike fanboys, when I find flaws, I point em out.

There is no reason to get worked up about AM. There are plenty of alternatives and I’m sure at least one of those will work for each of us :)
I feel I get much more for my money, when I don't pay for apple with it.

Why would I be worked up? It is just another streaming service. Only reason i am excited about it is like i am excited for jio. To disrupt the industry and push other players forward who I actually use. Like tidal and spotify.

And before you defend apple saying I don't know what I'm missing. I have an ipad and an iphone, just to make sure I'm not missing out on anything and to keep myself FULLY aware of the enemy. And yes, I can confidently say the products which I use vs apple are much better suited to my needs.

I don't need any company to take care of me. I just need them to sell me a product which they advertise, after that I can take care of myself and the product. I hate it when companies try to patronise me or tell me what i should and should not do with MY product.

Last edited:
How are you getting the Lossless function on your Apple music/iTunes? Can't figure out how to switch it on or any options in relation thereto.

For reference, I'm using Apple music on three devices - Apple music on Android, Apple music on iPad Pro, and iTunes on PC.

Same here. Option not showing up for me.

I feel I get much more for my money, when I don't pay for apple with it.

Why would I be worked up? It is just another streaming service. Only reason i am excited about it is like i am excited for jio. To disrupt the industry and push other players forward who I actually use. Like tidal and spotify.

And before you defend apple saying I don't know what I'm missing. I have an ipad and an iphone, just to make sure I'm not missing out on anything and to keep myself FULLY aware of the enemy. And yes, I can confidently say the products which I use vs apple are much better suited to my needs.

I don't need any company to take care of me. I just need them to sell me a product which they advertise, after that I can take care of myself and the product. I hate it when companies try to patronise me or tell me what i should and should not do with MY product.

The enemy? Lol. Dude, Apple doesn't know or care that you exist. Neither does Google or any other billion dollar corporation for that matter. Watching grown men pushing their brand X is better than brand Y agenda on an internet forum is a sad sight to behold. If you are not happy with an Apple product, leave a bad review and move on. There are plenty of alternatives for everyone to enjoy.

Last edited:
quite tiresome tbh.
I am not pushing any agenda. As you have an agenda my comments seem to you like it is against your agenda. Moreover, I am participating in the discussion instead of any agenda.

Apple for what it will do to the tech industry if it ever becomes a monopoly is what I shudder to think and that is why I consider it as the enemy of the tech world.

How are you getting the Lossless function on your Apple music/iTunes? Can't figure out how to switch it on or any options in relation thereto.

For reference, I'm using Apple music on three devices - Apple music on Android, Apple music on iPad Pro, and iTunes on PC.
All I did was logged into Apple Music with an Apple (iPhone) id registered for the US region and the Lossless option automatically appeared under Settings > Apple Music. I am yet to test on my MacBook Pro, but I believe, there too I'll have to log in with the same account to get the lossless option.

All I did was logged into Apple Music with an Apple (iPhone) id registered for the US region and the Lossless option automatically appeared under Settings > Apple Music. I am yet to test on my MacBook Pro, but I believe, there too I'll have to log in with the same account to get the lossless option.

Tks.

My Apple ID is set to India region.

Is anyone getting the lossless option with an India ID ?

I don't think it is available for India yet. I have some experience as worker for these media, and I know they have just turned a Press Release to fit in Indian context without actual knowledge of it is available for India or not
I don't think it is available for India yet. I have some experience as worker for these media, and I know they have just turned a Press Release to fit in Indian context without actual knowledge of it is available for India or not.
sounds like our vaccine roll out

I keep getting the Atmos and lossless toggle randomly, when i change setting and try to play some Lossless music on AM, the options disappear. Looks like the servers are getting updated and there are some glitches.

Using an Indian ID
That’s something a lot of overseas guys reported on day one. Didn’t work for me though when I tried it.

I still don't see option for lossless audio, hopefully it will rollout soon enough.
Anyone on iOS 15 developer beta and got lossless audio?

Right now there is a limited collection of spatial audio music collection (choose this as the search category). These include Abbey Road(Beatles), Moanin(Art Blakey), Fearless(Taylor Swift) and so on. The lossless doesnt appear for some reason and digital masters is there in a fair bit of albums which imply anything above CD quality. In airplay/bluetoot, its anyway limited to 16/44.1, so unless you have apple tv or headphones, you cant hear them in a proper system.

View attachment 58196
Great graphic, it will be interesting to see one more view which This graphic doesn't account for.. the number of users which will vary widely across services like spotify which have free tier as well, so number of plays per day will be much higher for spotify. So artists will probably earn much more from spotify

Great graphic, it will be interesting to see one more view which This graphic doesn't account for.. the number of users which will vary widely across services like spotify which have free tier as well, so number of plays per day will be much higher for spotify. So artists will probably earn much more from spotify
You’re right. Volumes can make up for the smaller payout per play. Conversely, volume allows a platform to negotiate lower artist payout rate.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back